Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Please post hiring timelines! ๐Ÿ™

1Carter
New Arrival

Hey I havenโ€™t calculated my timeline just yet. But Iโ€™ve finished my drug/finger prints. back ground says it is coming back May 16th. I wanted to ask you is there a time limit in submitting your vaccine? this is the only thing I have left to submit. could I submit my first dose vaccine for a start date or will they not let me start until Iโ€™m fully vaccinated? 

Ksmitb82

1Carter
Iโ€™ve read that you have to have both doses before you are able to start. Hopefully someone who is actively working can clarify. 

KLaMonica

"KLaMonique , wow your background came back in 24 hours? Or am I miss understanding lol"

I completed my background check on 4/16/22, and (I am assuming) it came back on 5/1/22 when I rec'd an email stating so, along with the official offer.   Hope that helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š

KLaMonica

RE: vax card/status

When I rec'd my onboarding email, it stated that I had to be fully vaccinated, and needed to supply proof (uploading vax card) before scheduled start date. So I'm going to assume that you must be fully vax'd before your first day. Also, as an aside, the site can be finicky with what it allows you to upload. I wasn't able to upload my card directly, and my recruiter ended up attaching it to my employee file for me. So, if you're unable to upload it, no worries. Your recruiter will do it for you!

JackShiraz

This is for BUR 04/07/2022- applied for CSA position, 04/20/2022 zoom interview and contingent offer 04/22/2022 drug test 04/25/2022 fingerprints 05/10/2022 Employee Screening Complete, 05/13/2022 Recruiters are still working on a start date. Thatโ€™s it so far.

JackShiraz

Just got a start date of 06/06/2022 at BUR

LadyRistrem2022
New Arrival

Congratulations Jack

KLaMonica

Hey y'all!

So, federal week has been phenomenal!  Everyone has been so open to questions and getting down to the nitty gritty of it! We've been asking (small group of 6 CSAs) the hard questions and they've been super upfront about how trying the first year can be. I appreciate that so much! We're training one classroom over from CSA's attending ongoing training/updates. In a class of 15, the shortest tenure is 20 years. This speaks volumes!

We've also learned that our time at TOPS has gone from 10 days to 5. Thankful for this as well, since I'd hate to be away from my family any longer than I need to. When I asked why it had been halved, our trainer explained that the old schedule depended on very little OJT, and since we now average between 2 and 3 weeks OJT prior to TOPS, the additional time was no longer needed. YAAY!

p.s.

Hope to see everyone in Nashville this year (August)! If you haven't checked your SWA email yet, please do. Nashville looks like it's going to be extra amazing!

TPArampgirl

Would you please make this its own post? I feel like it needs more attention rather than just being a comment buried in this thread. Lol. Our co-hearts would love this info.

LadyRistrem2022
New Arrival

I'm going to be having interview as soon as my recruiter notify me. Is there anything I should know other than be myself.