Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Please post hiring timelines! 🙏

Imani

PHX-CSA

5/11 Applied online

5/12 Email to schedule Phone Interview (PI)

5/13 Received email for tips & tricks for PI

5/18 PI @9A - offered Virtual Interview (VI) at end of interview, scheduled for 5/25

5/23 Received email for tips & tricks for VI

5/25 VI - CJO at end of VI - advised process can take 4-6 weeks to get start date

5/25 Submitted information for background check and vaccination status

5/26 to now..  checking emails and junk emails daily 🙂

Imani

6/6 UPDATE..  Received emails for fingerprinting and drug test.

JaszyMarie

Submitted app for CSA/STL 4/26/2022

interview scheduled 5/10/2022

Interviewed 5/11/2022

Conditional job offer 5/11/2022

submitted background check 5/11/2022

Fingerprinting completed 5/12/2022

Drug Screen completed 5/13/2022
 Screening clearance from Sterling 6/09/2022

Screening clearance from SWA 6/13/2022

Official Job offer 6/14/2022

Start date 7/11/2022

Im so excited y’all 🙌🏾

Redruss91

Dallas-Corporate Position

5/12 - Applied online

5/31 - Received request for phone interview

6/1 - Phone Interview

6/8 - Received request for Virtual Panel Interview

6/9 - Virtual Panel Interview

6/13 - Received CJO by phone and email

6/13 - Completed Background Check and other consent Forms

6/14 - Received iForm for Background Check information + References

6/15 - Completed iForm

6/15 - Received request for COVID Vaaccination Card, uploaded same day

6/15 - Received request/form for Drug Test, to be completed within 48 hours

6/16 - Performed Drug Test

6/20 - Received request for W-2s and Paystubs to verify current employment

6/20 to Now: Anxiously waiting the next step and a start date!

brittg72409

@Redruss91 did you have to do fingerprints? I am also starting soon for a corporate position. I did my drug test and iform for employment and education verification las week, but I haven’t seen anything about fingerprints. Can’t wait to get started, and hope to meet you when we start at HDQ in Dallas!

Redruss91

@brittg72409 I have not received anything about fingerprints yet. I just want the process to move a bit quicker. I want to know when I need to have everything situated in Dallas, and its hard to get an apartment when you don't know for sure when you are moving in! haha. Hope to meet you as well, as we start this exciting new journey at HDQ!

brittg72409

@Redruss91 i understand. I’m relocating to Dallas as well, so it’s rough not knowing when I’m going to need to be there, but I’ve been using the time to get everything lined up and ready to “pull the trigger” once I get a start date.

brittg72409

@Redruss91 Also, is it just me, or are apartments in Dallas notorious for not answering their phones?! This apartment search has been ROUGH. As soon as I have a start date, I’m going to have to go up there for a weekend to search in-person at this point.

Redruss91

Its been really rough to find an apartment that suits what I need! I need pet-friendly, and the extra charges for that are outrageous. Also have to find a spot where the commute for my wife and her potential new job isn't too bad. I am grateful that Dallas has a decent Metro system with a stop right by the corporate headquarters building. Monthly pass is only $97, so that will give me some good savings in gas. My commute to my current job is 42 miles one-way, lol.

brittg72409

@Redruss91 same here. I have a “restricted breed” dog so that has been a challenge. I own my home in my current city, so these aren’t things I’ve had to deal with in quite some time, and of course I can’t buy a home in Dallas until this one sells so I’m stuck with an apartment for now. 

Also, be careful when paying application and admin fees! I’ve lost out on $500 from applying at places, paying the fees, then finding out they’ve leased the apartment to someone else. They will not refund them even when it’s not “your fault”. 

Lastly, I just heard from my recruiter that fingerprints aren’t required anymore, so hopefully that applies to your position as well.