Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Please post hiring timelines! 🙏

mavsfans2002
Explorer A

In the same process now for corporate role and haven’t received anything for finger prints. Just background check and drug test. 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

For most corporate roles you won’t do fingerprints, so you have taken care of everything you need to!

mavsfans2002
Explorer A

Thank you! I received email saying my employment screening was complete yesterday and now just waiting on next steps. So excited!

❤️💙💛

brittg72409
Adventurer B

UPDATE:

Corporate Position in Dallas:

Applied - 4/27/22

Email to Schedule PI - 5/2/22

Phone Interview (PI) - 5/4/22

Email With Assessments - 5/4/22

Completed Assessments - 5/4/22

Invite for a TEAMS video interview with a panel - 5/4/22

TEAMS interview - 5/18/22

Invite for a F2F interview - 5/18/22

F2F interview - 5/27/22

Call saying I’m finalist & they need to check references - 5/31/22

Call saying reference check is complete - 6/6/22

CJO - 6/13/22

Accepted CJO - 6/14/22

Received email for background check consent and employment & education verification - 6/15/22

Received drug screen info email - 6/15/22

Received “passport” to take drug screen within 48 hours - 6/15/22

completed drug screen - 6/16/22

W
ill post a final update when I get a start date. Good luck, everyone! 

GelleyRiv22
Explorer C

DAL -Corporate

Applied 05/31/2022

PI - 06/03/2022

F2F -06/17/2022

Background submitted 06/17/2022

Drug Test completed 06/20/2022

Received ETA from Sterling of 06/24/2022

good luck to everyone! Turn those email notifications on! Lol 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@GelleyRiv22 @I haven’t seen anything from Sterling. We took our drug test around the same time, so hopefully you, @Redruss91 and I get start dates soon. @Redruss91 have you seen anything from Sterling? 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 My Recruiter coordinator actually sent me a copy of my sterling report (which was completed 6/15) when they asked for my W-2s and pay stub. I think this is mainly because I asked them not to contact my current employer (my current employer is vengeful and if they found out I was looking at another job they would likely let me go on the spot).

So I know the Sterling part is done, and that they have also pulled my credit thanks to that as well.

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@GelleyRiv22 @brittg72409 , Update, I heard from my Recruiter coordinator today. She said I was still in the background check phase according to my applicant file, but that I had cleared the most significant hurdles so she didn't think it would be much longer. She said that we should get an email from the background check team once they have processed the clearance to move forward, and that shortly after we get that email we should be contacted by our recruiter to talk about a start date.

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 that’s great news! I haven’t heard anything yet or seen anything from Sterling yet, but hopefully things are moving forward behind the scenes. 🤞🏼

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 @GelleyRiv22  Update - I got an email today saying my screening is complete 🙌🏼 and that moving forward my recruiter will be my main point of contact.