Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pregnant and New Hire?

MBrown06
Explorer C

Hey Y'all!
I recently got hired with SWA and I have an official start date of May 10th. By then I will be 27 weeks pregnant. I haven't informed SWA yet. Should I do so now or when I do my new hire orientation? Will they take back the offer? How was training for y'all who have already done it? I'm freaking out. I wasn't pregnant when I applied. What do I do?!?! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Pregnant and New Hire?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MBrown06,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and no need to freak out! Please contact the Southwest Airlines ACT Team at 214-792-6943 or ACT.Team@wnco.com. They would be happy to discuss any issues related to your pregnancy.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

ashjones93
Explorer C

I am in the same exact situation, I have the option to start on September 10th - or decline and re apply again after. How did this work our for you? Did you do the training, im at a loss on what to do here because I dont want to miss out on this opportunity. Thanks! 

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

I would follow @KelbyTansey advice above. Contacting Southwest would be the best source for information.

I'm not sure if Southwest still requires pregnant Flight Attendants to name their baby "Herb"* regardless of gender so you may want to ask them that.

*No, not really

treazzz
Explorer A

I am no help at all to you -- But I just wanted to reach out and say CONGRATULATIONS on both, the job and the baby.  By the looks of the date, and my calculations -- you're in the home stretch!

Heart