Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about adding Uber/Lyft to my application/resume

Aviation2018
Explorer C

Hi,

I applied to the flight attendant position when it opened on February 5 and I have a phone interview on April 11. Should I update my application/resume and add that I've been driving for Uber and Lyft since May of 2017?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Question about adding Uber/Lyft to my application/resume

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

I guess you could add it since it's a paid job and it shows experience with people so it wouldn't hurt to have on your Resume.

good luck with the phone interview!

Blake 

rachelalfred99
Explorer C

Hello,

I'm really trying to apply to be a flight attendant, and dont know where to start.  I too currently drive for uber, but I work at a hospital with patients during the day.  Any suggestions?  I've been seaching the web like crazy.  Last night I dropped one of your pilots who told me he'd try to get in contact with me this thursday, but I just thought I'd as, because he said he think i'd be great for the job.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @rachelalfred99,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant. What a high compliment to receive from on our our Pilots! Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting applications for the Flight Attendant position. Although we do not have a specific timeline for the next opening of the Flight Attendant opportunity, we do expect it will be several months from now our due to the overwhelming amount of interest that we received in the last round of openings. However, we hope that you will still keep us in mind for the next time this position is available! In the meantime, you can check out more of our opportunities at southwest.com/careers.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aviation2018,

Congratulations on making it to this step in the process! You can update your resume if you would like. Rest assured, uploading a new resume to your profile will not effect the status of your application. However, you can also make the Recruiter aware of any updates during your phone interview. Best of luck next week!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Aviation2018
Explorer C

Hi,

I'm trying to log in to my employment application to make sure it's complete and I get a message saying that I don't have permission to access the requested iform. How can I log in to my employment application?

Thanks

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aviation2018,

Since this is a technical issue with the platform, please reach out to SWAPeople@wnco.com for assistance. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers