Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about employers on application

Sandic
Explorer C

I was sent an application to fill out for flight attendant and I need to put down my employer's contact information. I have been a self employed realtor for 8+ years so am not sure who to put down for that. I can provide the broker's name and number but they won't be able to provide any details on how I am as an employee. I have also held other part time positions, one for 16 years, which I can provide info for. Help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Question about employers on application

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sandic,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest Airlines! In general, the Employment Screening Team must be able to verify where our applicants have been and what they’ve been doing for the past five years.

The application should include every job (legal employment) held within the past five years, including full time, part time, and occasional positions. Any jobs discovered during the employment screening process that were not disclosed in the application could create a delay in the process and/or result in reconsideration of the offer.

Each previous and current job must be verifiable through either direct contact with an appropriate and current representative of the company (written or verbal, and also includes the use of verification services such as The Work Number), and/or through the use of applicant-provided documentation.

All verifications must provide a basis for ascertaining the regularity, or frequency, of actual business activity throughout the entire time period claimed in the application for each particular employer, and must also support the information discussed in the interview.

In cases of self-employment, where there may not be an appropriate and current representative of the company other than the applicant, we may need to rely solely on applicant-provided documentation, the standards for which will be the same as for all other verification.

I hope this helps to answer your question, and wish you the best of luck throughout the application process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers