Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question when completing F. A. application re: Start date and end date

JulieGombas
Explorer C

I have a question regarding start dates and end dates on the application form. If I am currently at job I would fill in the start date. Do I leave the end date empty if I am presently still working at the job? There is not a place to write the word "present". There is only a month box ,day box, and year box. Just want to make sure I complete the application correctly?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question when completing F. A. application re: Start date and end date

katiestrabala
Explorer C
Solution

How did you find that application? I looked everywhere for that, I would think they would be nearly constantly accepting applications/hiring for new flight attendants. I was on the Careers page for Southwest and there was only a very limited number of jobs posted, that coresponded with the city I live in. But I couldn't find a flight attendant position anywhere, which just doesn't seem to add up to me. 

In response to your question, I would maybe leave it blank like you suggested if it doesn't require you to type something there. Or if it does, just put whatever the date for today is when you turn it in... I think whoever is reviewing the application could figure out that means you still have that job, especially if there isn't a "present" option or fill in available. 

Good luck!!! 

Re: Question when completing F. A. application re: Start date and end date

JulieGombas
Explorer C

There is no posting for the Flight Attendant position for 2019. I was just looking through other job applications and wanted to know when the time comes. Thanks for your feedback!