Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Questions about Flight Attendant

jgreeley20
Explorer C

Dear Southwest,

Hello, I had a couple questions to ask.

I wanted to ask what time of the year do you open flight attendant position? My other question is their internships for flight attendant  position? 

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Joseph Greeley

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Questions about Flight Attendant

franktravel
Aviator B

I would suggest that you sign up for alerts if you have not already. 

I not sure if this works but. Use this link to sign up for Southwest Airlines job alerts!
https://tinyurl.com/ycvw3xkl

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jgreeley20,

Thanks for your interest in our Flight Attendant role! We do not open the role during any particular time of the year. The decision to open the application for Flight Attendants is purely based on Operational need. We have many Internships up on our site, which you can find here. We do not have internships specifically for the Flight Attendant position, but we do have internship opportunities within the Inflight Department. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jgreeley20
Explorer C

Dear Kelby,

Thank you for responding to my post. My other questions  are I have  a BA of Art would that be acceptable for when I apply for flight attendant in the future, or does the company require something else? For the internships for inflight positions I see the company wants a minor in the business field. I do have some business background because I was a business major before I changed it to a Art Major. Would the company give me a chance to prove myself or would the company just deny me flat out because I don't have a minor in business? Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Joseph Greeley

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jgreeley20,

The qualifications for becoming a Flight Attendant are:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

You can find more information by clicking the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post.

We welcome your application for any role for which you are interested and qualified. If you feel that your previous experience has met the qualifications required, feel free to apply! Best of luck.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Csmith2392
Explorer B

How Often Does Southwest hire for flight attendants?