Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Ramp Agent: Hiring Process

Melek7
Explorer A

Did you hear back from anyone yet? 

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

After many applications over many years, I am finally on the board!

Ramp Agent, SNA Airport.

My process so far:

11/19 - Submitted Application
01/07 - Request to complete Screening Form (in lieu of phone interview)
01/10 - Request to complete employment application
01/17 - Virtual interview
01/17 - Received contingent offer

01/18 - The waiting begins... 🤞🏽

Good luck everybody!

Chris

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Congrats and Welcome to the SWA Team. I was hired on for the ramp back in August. The worst part was waiting for the USPS background check to come back after I was offered the job on the ramp. Took around 6 weeks for it to come back, so hopefully that time has come down some. Be patient and if you have any questions please feel FREE to ask. Almost done with my 6 month probation, so I am excited to clear one of the last hurdles!   

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

Any plans to make a move after probation?

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Have NO plans to move. Born and raised in Chicago, lived in PHX area for 10 years before moving outside SDF now for the last 10 years. How about yourself?

Av8orCree
Adventurer B

Oh sorry, I meant do you plan on moving to a different department? For me, perhaps to Vegas. I will definitely begin applying to other areas as soon as probation is over.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

No, I plan on just working on the ramp. I was retired for 12 years before I got back into working on the ramp again. In my early 50's and I needed to do something active and keep my brain from turning to mush. I worked on the ramp in the late 80's and early 90's for Midway and Northwest Airlines. Always loved working around planes and being outdoors. Since I have been hired on I have met some great people and lost some weight and feel so much better!   

victorulloa
Adventurer C

I got contingent offer on the 19th, have you received anything else yet? 

Melek7
Explorer A

19th of this month?

Sadly I haven’t heard anything yet, but I’m hoping that I will soon. 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Yes, 19th of this month. Have you heard anything about the training? Is it still online or we flight to Dallas?