Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ramp Agent Hiring Process

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Hello, 

I got my contingent offer on January, 19th. That same day I signed the authorization for the background check. However, I have not received anything regarding drug screening and and fingerprints. How long does that usually take? How do they notify your for fingerprints and drug screening? 

Thank you all, 

Victor

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ramp Agent Hiring Process

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

You will be notified through your supplied email on where to take your fingerprints(UPS Store) and your drug screen at. Those emails should be coming to you this week I would imagine. If you don't receive anything in your email about drug screening and fingerprints in the next week, I would email them. Was hired on for the ramp back in August. Good Luck and Welcome to the SWA team!  

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Thank you so much! Hopefully I’m getting the email this upcoming week! 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Also, how’s the probationary period from your experience? Any recommendations? Do you already know what the pay rate is like after you pass probation? 

Thank you, 

Victor

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Probation period is 6 months once you start your first day. As long as you show up on time, do what you are asked and your job, you should be fine. Don't know i you have had prior ramp experience? Please remember that out on the ramp to practice SAFETY and to keep your head on a swivel. There is so much around an aircraft that can hurt you.  After probation period you will get a new hourly rate if I am not mistaken.