Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ramp Agent Hiring Process

ccamp1123
Explorer C

It’s been a little over 4 weeks since I’ve completed my fingerprinting and drug screening. Ive been eager to hear from USPS or my recruiter but have yet to receive anything via call or email. How long does this process take? Should I contact my recruiter?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ramp Agent Hiring Process

williamh
Employee
Employee

Hi @ccamp1123. Good question! 3-4 weeks is a pretty normal turnaround time on the USPS background check right now, so I wouldn't worry. If you haven't heard by next week, either let me know here or shoot over an email to your recruiter. Thanks for your patience! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Hi, how does the in-person interview for this position work? Is it a group interview? Thank you! 

ccamp1123
Explorer C

Hi @williamh thanks for getting back to me. I was hopeful to hear something this past week but didn’t. It has been 6 weeks now. I’m not sure how much you can help me but my name is Cameron Campbell, I’m hired on out of CMH. In addition I was also wondering if I should send out a quick check up email with my recruiter? Thanks again

williamh
Employee
Employee

Hey @ccamp1123 - Thanks for checking back in! I messaged your Recruiter, Caitlin, this morning and she (or one of our Coordinators) will reach out to you today to touch base. Sorry for the delay here! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

tonimarie00
Explorer C

Hi William,  I’m also out of cmh and having a difficult time getting ahold of my recruiter my screening was completed on 12/21 that was the last update I received I reached out to the two recruiters I had but I haven’t received a response 

ccamp1123
Explorer C

@williamh no worries at all! She did reach out to me and later in the afternoon I got word that it finally came back. Thanks for your help again! @tonimarie00 I had been waiting since 12/13 so it’s possible you still have another week or so if the timeline is similar to mine. Hope this helps!

tonimarie00
Explorer C

@ccamp1123  Thank you! I completed my drug screen and stuff on 12/6 I knew it was a long process just didn’t know it was this long.. did they provide you with a start date yet ? Congratulations! As well I’m excited to start 

ccamp1123
Explorer C

@tonimarie00 no worries. Yes after I got notice that my background came through I received my offer and set up my start date. Same and congrats!

williamh
Employee
Employee

That's great news!

William
Southwest Careers