Explorer A

11-03-21 - Submitted Application 

12-01-21 - Interview 

12-06-21 - I received a call about another position 

12-06-21 - Applied for that other position 

12-08-21 - Interview 

12-08-21 - Received Contingent offer 

12-14-21 - Completed Drug test, Finger printing 

12-23-21 - Last Update: Received an e-mail that employment screening was complete and that I should hear back from my recruiter with further instructions and a start date.

Hi All!
  It has been about 3 weeks and I haven’t yet received anything from USPS to start the background check and also haven’t heard back from my recruiter. I’ve been checking my e-mail and call log religiously and am wondering If I should be worried or reach out to my recruiter? 
I know the process can be long and others have waited longer than I have, I just get anxious and wonder if I really got the job or not lol.
I’m excited to be a part of SWA and can’t wait to start! 

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Ramp Agent: Hiring Process

Dedezoe97
Explorer A

Be patient you there already 

Welcome to SWA team 

Ag1015
Explorer C

Congratulations! I am in the same position as you waiting for usps to email/call me. I’ve been waiting around 3 weeks going into 4. I’m sure they will contact us soon!

Melek7
Explorer A

Congratulations and good luck! I hope we hear from em soon!

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Hi Melek, 

I have my virtual interview tomorrow. Do you have any recommendations? What did they ask you in the interview? I would appreciate your help! 

Melek7
Explorer A

Hi hopefully you see this before your interview- I had two interviews so I’m not sure if I’m mixing the questions. I’ll list them as close to how she asked them. 

-First she asked me to tell her about myself and my background/experience. 
-When you’re working a flight what is most important to you? 

-If you saw a person being unsafe would you

say something or leave it to the higher ups to deal with? 

-Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn’t get along with and how you handled it.

-what type of Gse/ motorized equipment are you familiar with
- Are you prepared to work in the elements/  

- Tell me about a time where you had to manage your time wisely to meet a deadline. 
-Why do you want to work for SWA

-What’s your reason for leaving your current employer

-How would your boss describe you when it comes to attendance 

-are you willing to work all shifts assigned to u, overtime? Holidays etc Etc

I recommend being yourself! Let your personality come through during the interview, it makes you memorable. Be prepared and look up their core values if you have the time, it could give you hints on how to answer certain questions. Good luck!!  I’m cheering for you. 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Thank you so much, unfortunately I did not see it before the interview. However, I got my contingent offer today and I couldn’t be happier…

Jonathanjones93
Adventurer C

What Disqualifies you from getting job as a ramp agent cause I have 3 speeding tickets but not sure if that will Disqualify me

Melek7
Explorer A

Melek7
Explorer A

long winded explanation but I hope it helps. I once worked at a third party and we had a new hire who wasn’t able to drive because of a traffic violation that wasn’t taken care. That put her at a disadvantage because she was stuck doing the same tedious tasks and also put the operation at a disadvantage if we were already short staffed. The traffic violation didn’t affect her being hired but it did affect her experience at work. 

I can’t say whether 3 is enough to disqualify you or not. However, I do know that a candidates driving record is taken into consideration since driving is a fundamental part of the job. The rules and regulations that apply to driving while outside of work also applies when operating any motorized equipment on the ramp, along with other safety regulations set in place at your airport. Infractions incurred on the AOA can result in loss of driving privileges, tickets and fines  and/or termination.

I think the best way you can get ahead of it would be to take care of it, that way when they receive your background check it’ll show the results of those tickets. The good thing is that the interviewing happens beforehand and you’ll be able to show what you have to contribute. Good luck!