Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Ramp Agent Position

mpenn1
Explorer C

What was tops training hours

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

I spent the last two days at the airport in virtual training and doing videos that were assigned to me. This was done this way since I was hired on in another city other then DFW. There is a lot of videos and would rather have the hands on, but this is what it's like now since COVID. All the people that I have met so far are awesome and friendly.  I am still trying to figure my around SWAlife, but that will come with just logging into it. 

mpenn1
Explorer C

during tops can you use notes on tests. also is airport codes multiple choice

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

The airport code test I took you had to type the 3 letter code in. All my other tests have been after I watch videos. If you don't get 100% on it you have to take the test over until you do. 

mpenn1
Explorer C

So it is only airport codes and computer tests after videos and that is it correct

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Might be different for you since I am at a smaller station and everything is being done virtual due to COVID.  I have worked on the ramp the last 3 days and I am trying to get the language and roles down for each position. I have worked on the ramp before for 3 other airlines and every one  of them has different wording on what each roles does and performs. 

Cordovajr
Explorer C

How long did it take for you to get the USPS email? I got a email saying my employment screening was complete, now. 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Mine still hasn't come back as of yet. Been on the ramp now for three weeks and haven't seen any mail as of yet. Just bags and a lot of cargo! 

Cordovajr
Explorer C

I got a email saying my employment screening was complete. Now I’m waiting for the USPS email, but haven’t seen or heard anything yet. And my recruiter isn’t sure about this process either. 

Tyron17
Explorer C

Congrats on the job! What city are you working from, and did you have to go to another city for training?