Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Ramp Agent Position

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

didn't I have tried replying three times and hopefully this one goes through. I work at SDF on the ramp. I  go anywhere for training due to COVID. I had past ramp experience, so I had some knowledge of the job. I was teamed up with a trainer on the morning shift(0500-1330) for one month. After the one month I was signed off and went to closing shift(1600-0030). Where are you gonna work and GOOD LUCK!. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

Hru so Dec 13 I did my virtual interview, I was hired, my fingerprints and background came out ok, I just did my Sida application the other day I haven't heard about the USPS screening at all do the screen everyone?

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Hi, I’m having my virtual interview in a couple days? Do you have any recommendations? Did you only go through the virtual interview or you had to do an in-person interview as well? Thank you!! 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Every one of my interviews was virtual. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear back from your recruiter in a timely manner. Just make sure you have their email to correspond with them if you feel the need to do so.   Good Luck! 

Tnihipali
Explorer C

How long is the training for ramp agent? 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

@Tnihipal, have you been given a start date for LGB yet? From the email I got last week, we work at station for about two weeks, basically getting familiar with everything. Then we head out to Dallas for a week, leaving on a Sunday.

My start date at LGB is Monday 4/11 so that would put Dallas 4/24. I don't have that official yet, but that's my best guess. Hope that info helps you and feel free to reach out to me if I can help at all.

Tnihipali
Explorer C

@jmalloy I emailed my recruiter today and she stated they are just waiting on my fingerprints to process so no start date yet. Awesome, thank you very much! I’m a tad bit nervous, new job jitters pretty much.