Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ramp agent hiring process??

Talal1991
Adventurer C

Hello all, I was interviewed for the ramp agent position on 8/01/22 and was given the contingent offer right away…. I did complete my given tasks the moment I got an email about it but I still haven’t gotten my background/drug test or fingerprints email like they said I would… I have left 2 messages to the recruiter and haven’t heard from her either… just wanted to some assurance here. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ramp agent hiring process??

Galacticship
Explorer B

Hey.  What airport are you going to?

ill give you my timeline. Though from the looks of it, whenever HR doesnt respond its the new normal now. Every industry is now top heavy management and they have the entry and mid level staff being overworked. 
Ramp Agents are no different and will be worked to their fullest potential according to glassdoor/indeed/reddit and the aviation forums. The rules at SWA are very similar to USPS or NyC transit. You get double for overtime, can’t be late or you’ll be fired (at least in the beginning) and are overworked and underpaid. And the more years you have on the more easily you can bid out. 

Galacticship
Explorer B

From the lack of feedback im getting from HR, whenever I leave a message it’s kind of concerning. As in, this is indicative of the future leadership and listening style of the airline and I better get used to it. The enormous speculation of “fuel shortage”, abysmal morale of the pilots that caused them to strike in New York recently makes me question and have second guesses about relocating. Even a F.A was complaining she had to wrap a plastic bag around her lunch snd throw it in the microwave after exhausting 10 hour days.  

Galacticship
Explorer B

This is during her shift btw. Sorry if I sounded so cynical. But Ive worked in many many different companies and its everywhere right now. 

kgatdula
Adventurer B

Any news on this?.  I received my Offer on the 9th of September and did the finger print, drug test and driver history on the following week.. Did they give you your starting date or still waiting?..