Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Ramp agent time line

OfficialSS
Adventurer C

I’m glad everything is going through with ur process ur pretty much in just gotta wait for a few more emails. My status now is saying ‘on boarding in process’ meet u in Denver ramp 

80s_Jet_Fan
Explorer B

OfficialSS, thank you for all the help and encouragement! Congrats on getting to on boarding! See you there 🙂

Sheltry123
Explorer C

Good Morning, 

my process, dates and timeline was the exact same. I am new to the family, start 10/3, from Atlanta as a part-time ramp agent. I’m so excited 

kgatdula
Adventurer B

I applied around September 7 and took the interview around  September 9. I got the offer after the interview and around September 14 i did the Sterling information, Fingerprint and Drug test. Right now i'm just waiting for the heads up from the management and i'm going to submit my 2 weeks notice in my current workplace. Hopefully by first week of October i'll receive some news about my starting day.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

If you cannot go a few paychecks without the money, do not submit your 2 weeks notice yet. You still need to get your start date, and you still have to sign your official offer letter. It wasnt long after my background cleared that I got a start date, but it was a month and a half away. I highly suggest waiting. 

Talal1991
Adventurer C

I’ve been meaning to ask, how often or when are southwest employees paid? Is there a specific date or week? And how soon after starting would I receive my first paycheck? Thanks in advance!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

We get paid on the 5th and 20th of every month. My first day was on the 4th, so I made the cut off for payday on the 20th. That was my first check. There are no delays if you get your pay set up as soon as you can. 

kgatdula
Adventurer B

Finally I am cleared with my background check .. just waiting for the recruiting coordinator to email me on what to do next ..