Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ramp/provisioning agent f2f interview

Calexico
Explorer C

Hello!

I am currently in the running for a position as a Ramp Agent for Southwest Airlines. I had my phone interview two days ago and yesterday I was invited to attend the face to face interview. I was wondering if there's any current or former employees out there what to expect and what kind of questions I will be given. I was also offered to interview for the Provisioning Agent position as well on the same day, and though I have a general idea of what that position entails, I haven't looked as far into is as I have the ramp position, so can anyone give me a good idea of what a typical shift as a provisioning would look like and what kind of questions I'll get for that position in the interview?

Southwest is a dream job so I hope to be apart of the SWA family soon! Any pointers or advice is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ramp/provisioning agent f2f interview

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Uhmm, good luck with the interview, but, do not give up your hope just yet. It is not easy to land a job with southwest airlines. I did had some bad experience with the interview. I was unable to answer the telephone calls, because I am not busy with anything, just being hearing impaired.

My daughter tells me that recruiter who set up the telephone call wasn't being nice to us. took many calls and emails to land a interview. Do not drop your guard when going there for interview.

Best of luck landing the job and yes, if you get a job, you will go to Dallas,TX for job training.......Smiley LOL

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Calexico I can’t answer your interview questions directly since I have never applied for those positions. I will say that since you were invited to interview for 2 different positions, you are potentially considered as a strong candidate. Nice work! 

Have you tried to google interview questions for the positions you called out?  That might be a good place to start. 

Good luck to you, and congratulations on being selected for 2 F2F interviews. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Calexico
Explorer C
Solution

I actually had the interview yesterday, and have been selected to move forward. Did fingerprints and background paperwork, and they said I should recieve a call within a week or so to go get drug tested.

So now I'm just playing the waiting game 🙂

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Calexico Congratulations!  Excellent news!  

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Good luck and let me know how it is going.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Lindsey, I didn't ask you to vote heart on my comments. I was simplify helping someone with their job application to give them the support, and you guys did horrible things to me when applying for a job due to my disabilty..

Passenger1C
Aviator C

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Passenger1C

When I read the accomodation pages. They offer the help to peoples with disabilities, please read Southwest comments for peoples with disabilities who are trying to apply for the job:

" NEED HELP APPLYING? We are committed to help individual with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and complete for jobs. If you have difficulty using our online carrer pages or participating in the hiring process due to your disability and need accommodation, you may email ( .........) or call us at (...............) For additional information, please visit our Diversity page.

I am pretty sure that I went through a very difficult moment when applying and peoples at southwest " avoiding" at any time going through the peoples' application process. I don't believe the statement made by Southwest Airlines.

Trust me if you are in my shoes and will makes you mad.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@DfDrPepper_23 this is a public forum, meaning that anyone (Admins and Moderators included) has the ability to interract with the content you publish. You can familiarize yourself with the Southwest Community Guidelines here.

If you'd like to speak with us about a Customer Service issue, please reach out to us by phone (1-855-234-4654), on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) or by email. The Community is designed for peer-to-peer discussion. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome here, but we ask that you keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.