Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Raving Fan Customer Services

CirrusPilot
Explorer C

I would love to learn more about how SWA thinks, teaches, trains and develops talent. As a business leader myself, I am amazed at how you are so different than your competition. For example, I shared a SWA tweet and bragged on you and less than 5 minutes later, a nice lady thanked me. She told me that there are 30 just like her ready to hanle problems customers have immediately. I could go on and on and you get the point!

Thank you for considering.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Raving Fan Customer Services

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @CirrusPilot

Welcome to the Community! We love that you had a great experience with our Social Care Team. Our award-winning Southwest Airlines University has several programs focused on training our Employees and helping them grow.

Another thing that sets us apart is our unique Culture! It’s Employee-focused and thrives on appreciation, recognition, and celebration. While every Employee is responsible for promoting and preserving our Culture, we also have a Culture Services Department that is charged with championing a Culture in which every Employee knows that he or she matters. It seems that you have been able to experience this first hand through our Employees!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Raving Fan Customer Services

SeniorNotso
Explorer A

Culture!  That's it!  SWA is a business, but unlike other airline companies who run their company solely as a business, (profit and no loss......) fail to portray a Culture.  Culture, attitude, and service.  And service, everyone can offer "customer service", but SWA goes steps further and gives (not charges) for "Celebrity Service".   In the stores I co-managed, I trained employees on promoting Celebrity Service.  Treat every customer as a Celebrity.  How many people idolize movie stars, athletes and others?  That's the "culture" we receive from SWA!  Yes, I am a Celebrity when I/we fly SWA, and we only fly SWA.  And we rent a car to go to the places SWA doesn't fly to!