Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re-Hire Eligibility

Alepisi77
Explorer C

Hi my name is Andrew Kaleo Jr. Lepisi,

I was recently offered a Job Offer letter by Southwest Airlines on March 22nd of 2022.
The offer letter was then taken away today March 24th of 2022 due to me not passing a rehire-review with no clear reason on why I did not qualify for rehire. I use to work for Southwest Airlines back in 2018-2019 at the SJC station but I had resigned because I felt one of the Ramp MROs were harassing me by accusing me of smelling like marijuana and I was never tested and she had no reason to accuse me and no reason to believe what her gate Agent had informed her about. In my defense I feel I was wrongly accused and I was never terminated, I had signed no documents on termination and it has been over 3-years for rehire eligibility, I came to work on time everyday at Southwest I worked my heart out on that ramp to let it just end like this. Please SwaPeople if you have a heart just hear me out and please reply, I would love to show you guys that I deserve a second chance! 

Sincerely,

Andrew Kaleo Jr. Lepisi 
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Re-Hire Eligibility

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi, Andrew. We appreciate your interest in joining the Southwest Family again! 

We're sorry that our Careers Team was unable to move forward with your employment process. These decisions are not made lightly, and we truly regret any disappointment. You may apply for other opportunities at Southwest Airlines one year from the date you received that letter from our Careers Team. If you have additional questions, please reach out to the email address provided in your recent communication from our Teams. Wishing you the very best, Andrew!

Alepisi77
Explorer C

Is there anyone I can contact to find the reason why I am not eligible for re-hire? I’ve waited over 3years to try an reapply and they still tell me I don’t qualify with no justification and reasoning.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

You are most welcome to send an email to the address indicated in the recent emails you have received from our Careers Team. We appreciate your understanding, Andrew!