Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Received my start date, but…..

mdlee3
Explorer A

Hey all! I received my start date today of 7-25-22 for ramp at IND. I thought the email I got prior to that though said that I would have to do the USPS background check before I’d receive a start date since tamp agents handle mail. I haven’t received anything about that though. Is that something that comes closer to start date or is that not a thing at all stations? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Received my start date, but…..

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

So, I never actually received an email for it either, but apparently it was already done. I didn't have to fill anything out or do anything. I've been working on the ramp since April, and it hasn't been mentioned at all. I think you'll be good... And if they do need something from you, don't worry, they'll let you know during your first week. 😊 

mdlee3
Explorer A

Thanks. I just was worried about maybe missing an email and not doing something that needed to be done.

mseti1926
Adventurer C

Do you mind me asking long did it take to get your start date? 

mdlee3
Explorer A

I accepted my CJO on 5-17-22 and got my start date today, 6-13-22 so it was less than a month for me to actually get my start date. I’ve lived in the same town for 40 years though and only had 2 employers over the last 10 years so that definitely helps speed up the background check. 

mdlee3
Explorer A

I got good news today. My start date got moved a week closer so now I start on 7/18 instead of 7/25.