Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recent application

favalde1
Explorer C

I recently applied for the R-2023-23539 Ramp Agent position in Phoenix. When I had applied I had immediately received an email stating that I did not meet the minimum job requirements for the job role. I found this odd because it was delivered to me at the same time as I submitted my application. I was wondering if this was a mistake or if I really didn’t meet the job requirements

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Recent application

Bradley2N
Explorer C

@favalde1 wrote:

I recently applied for the R-2023-23539 Ramp Agent position in Phoenix. When I had applied I had immediately received an email stating that I did not meet the minimum job requirements for the job role. I found this odd because it was delivered to me at the same time as I submitted my application. I was wondering if this was a mistake or if I really didn’t meet the job requirements Pay by Plate Ma

Hello,

If you received an email stating that you didn't meet the minimum job requirements immediately after submitting your application, it's possible that there was an automated system in place that reviewed your application and found certain criteria that didn't match the requirements set for the position. However, to get accurate information regarding your application status and the reasons behind the decision, it would be best to contact the company or the hiring manager directly. They can provide you with more details about the application process and the specific reasons why you didn't meet the requirements.

I recommend reaching out to the company's HR department or the contact provided in the job listing to inquire about your application status and seek clarification on the matter. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information regarding your application and any potential mistakes or discrepancies.

Best regard,
Bradley2N

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @favalde1!

Thank you so much for reaching out and for your interest in a career at Southwest Airlines! 

I took a closer look at your recent Phoenix Ramp Agent application, and there were a number of questions answered during the application process. Included in those questions was the following:

"If selected for the job you will be required to attend a full-time, paid training course in Dallas, TX for three days, with overnight stays required. Food, lodging and transportation during training are paid for by Southwest Airlines. Are you interested in a job with these requirements?"

To which you answered "no". As such, this answer removed your application from the process due to not meeting the minimum requirements. So sorry for any confusion there or any disappointment in this update. You are certainly invited to apply to this position again in the future, should you be interested! We also post new positions almost daily! There may be other opportunities that catch your eye as well. 

Wishing you the very best! ✈️

davidpay
Explorer C

That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site! PayByPlateMa

SuzanneShazi
Explorer C

It's possible that there was a system error or mistake in the initial response. To clarify your application status, I recommend contacting the company's HR or recruitment department directly to inquire about the specific reasons for not meeting the job requirements.