Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Referrals

Eatonkimluvsw1
Explorer C

Hi! I have a friend that works for Soutwest Airlines that contacted me in regards to the Flight Attendant postions that will be posted on February 5th. In reviewing the Q&A it states that the referer will go on-line to refer a candidate and then an email confirmation will be sent with further details. The question I have is, Do I need to wait for the confirmation email to apply thru a link or will the email give me a referral code to enter during the on-line application process? Thank you for clarification. 

Have a Great Day!

Kim

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Referrals

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Eatonkimluvsw1,

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines as a Flight Attendant! I'm not sure which Q&A you are referring to, but we do not use specific, emailed links in our referral process. However, if you are selected for an in-person interview, you could then bring a referral letter from your friend to that interview. This will ensure that the right eyes are seeing it at the right time. If you want to learn more about the application process, you can read more here. Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

AnnaRocks
Explorer C

Thanks for the info, Kelby.

My question is in a similar vein: Does Southwest have an employee referral program?  Is there somewhere that SW employee Jane Doe can go to refer her friend, Susan Jones for employment? I presume that Jane's referral bonus is only paid out, should Susan Jones actually get hired (and, sometimes after a 90 day probation period.) Does Southwest have such a program? How does a current employee go about referring a friend for employment?

Thanks for the clarification.

Eatonkimluvsw1
Explorer C

Hi!

The Q&A I am speaking of is at the bottom of the Southwest Airlines Inflight services opportunities page where candidates login. 

https://media.icims.com/training/CandidateFAQ/FAQ.html