Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rehire eligible

babymasc
Explorer C

Hello,

I was previously employeed with Southwest as a FA, and was let go. Do I have a chance of getting rehired again? I went through some really heavy personnel stuff and I lost focus and got let go before my probation was up. I really want to get back in more than anything. Can someone please tell me if it’s possible? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rehire eligible

williamh
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, I hope things are going better for you now! Any time someone re-applies after leaving, they go through a re-hire review where we connect with your past leadership to discuss why you left, so it's certainly possible that you could come back! You can chat with a recruiter about that during an interview should you apply. Good luck!

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

bochurch21
Explorer C

i was recently terminated but i had personal reasons who could i reach out to

imaflygirl
Explorer C

I am going through the process currently. It has been exciting and stressful.  I recently had my Panel Interview and did well.  Now I am waiting on the “re-hire review panel”.  I was told they touch base with your previous supervisors and review your reason for leaving.  The panel also takes the comments of your recruiters into consideration when making their decision.  I will let you know what my outcome is when I know. I can understand why you would want to go back to Southwest.  They have that very special culture and this company is truly like no other in the best way. 

imaflygirl
Explorer C

Just to update: I passed the panel review and my FA training class date is Feb 7!  I am so happy they gave me this second chance. 💙❤️💛 Wishing you all the best! Trust the process.  Southwest is worth every minute of the wait. 

Jamalljr
Explorer B

How long was the rehire review for you? 

bochurch21
Explorer C

who did you contact