Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rehire review after 24 years of leaving SWA

Abbylove
Explorer C

I was wondering if someone from the SWA HR Dept. can answer my question. So about 2 weeks ago, I was called in for an interview for a full time position. I did indicate that I was a former employee from over 24 years ago. I arrived for my interview and then was told, I'm sorry, I know you got ready to come to the interview, but I have to wait until we get a rehire review back from Dallas. I said okay, I understand and thank you. I called up the recruiter about 5 days later and they stated, I haven't heard anything back yet. I tried calling the recruiter back today after another 6 days had passed. I thought I was calling the recruiters office number, but they picked up and quickly said, I can't talk to you right now, I'm with my grandmother and she's sick. I said I'm sorry, thank you and hung up. I am completely lost at what's happening at this point. I suppose in my head, I still thought that SWA was a professional and good place to work. I only wanted to know if I was still being considered for rehire or not? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rehire review after 24 years of leaving SWA

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

They are hiring thousands this summer. I would just continue to be patient. Good luck and hopefully you get to come back!

Re: Rehire review after 24 years of leaving SWA

Abbylove
Explorer C

Thank you. 

There really is no LUV at SWA anymore.

Abbylove
Explorer C

I was a former employee from 24 years ago. I thought I would try and reapply. I will give anyone who's ever worked for this company and wanted to reapply some advice. SWA basically has a policy to never rehire former employees regardless. You will waste weeks of your time and energy to be treated like junk. I had 3 different SWA recruiters want to interview me for 3 different job openings, but the good old boys in Dallas would never let that happen. Personally, I think SWA should be charged with false advertising and made to remove their LUV slogan from everything. They should brand themselves as the LUV lost airline. You can actually see the fall this company has taken over the years. They would brag about how they had 500 apply for every 1 job opening they had back in the day. Now they can't get quality people to apply. They are getting their lunch handed to them by Allegiant, Spirit, and soon Breeze Airlines. SWA is really an old dying dinosaur. The days of fun, happiness and positive culture are long gone. They early retired all their good employees. You only have to look at the faces of the SWA employees now to see the truth. Angry pilots, miserable FA, p@@## off customer service agents, ramp agents that are like the walking dead. You did me a giant favor SWA, by sending me your idiotic canned response email. I think SWA should partner up with Goodwill stores. 

Re: There really is no LUV at SWA anymore.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hmmm, I think I know why Southwest did not hire you, and so does everyone who reads your post. Bitterness does not mix well with Southwest.

Question: Since you hold Southwest in such high regard, why in the heck would you want to be rehired?

Abbylove
Explorer C

I gave 4 years of my life at your company, and when you have been lied to time after time, had weeks of your time wasted, been told 20 different stories and given bs lie after bs lie, you express yourself. I would expect nothing less from the brain washed labor to comment on sometime they are actually clueless about.... Enough said!

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

Hmmmm… there can be a lot said here, however, the bitterness, you could have been kept to yourself and let the current and future SWA employees enjoy the experience.