Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Remote customer service position

Ncjen409
Explorer A

I have been waiting 3 weeks for next steps after submitting covid verification and birthday and social security stuff. Is this normal ? Has any one else experienced this issue.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Remote customer service position

Talal1991
Adventurer C

So I applied for the Ramp position and have completed the same tasks as you and I’ve been waiting for my drug test and fingerprints as well… it’s been 6 days since I uploaded my COVID proof. I called my recruiter and she just now returned my call to let me know that I’m in the queue and it’s over 900 folks that are also in the same boat as me. So I’d say call your recruiter and leave a message since you’ve been waiting for 3 weeks now. Good luck.

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

@Ncjen409 Have you had a phone interview yet?

Talal1991
Adventurer C

The tasks they mentioned they’ve completed are a part of contingent offer which is done after an interview.

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

@Talal1991 

Thanks! I didn't remember the order I submitted mine.

@Ncjen409  It took almost 4 weeks for me to hear back for the next steps (background / drug testing). So if it's been only 3 weeks, give it some more time.  I wouldn't call the recruiter since there were 26,000 applications and they are working through them as fast as they can and will just tell you the same thing. Also, when I did get the call / email for the background / drug testing, it was from a different recruiter than the first 2. 

Ncjen409
Explorer A

Thank you for this information. I will just continue to wait. I wasn't sure.