Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Requisition number; Status

Beverly48
Explorer C

Screenshot_20180501-145438.png

Hello, SWA community!

Does anyone know what the requisition number means? Does that mean how many people applied? (22907)? How can I check the status, cause it still says submission received. Thanks!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Requisition number; Status

Jennie0395
Adventurer C
Solution

I think it's the position number for that certain job and city. Every job posting in Southwest has it's own unique number. Also, you check your status on your dashboard. If you still have the "received submission", it means that they received it but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. I actually applied for the customer service agent at Chicago so I'm at the same city as you. I applied April 13, got my phone interview April 24th and I'm still waiting on a response. My status went from "received submission" to "in progress". Hopefully I hear a response soon and you too. Something that I've learned from other Southwest forums is that patience is key. It can take several weeks or months to hear back which is unfortunate but willing to wait because it's a great company to work for! Keep me updated on the hiring process!

Beverly48
Explorer C

Hi Jennie

Thanks for the response!!! How was the interview? Good luck!!

Jennie0395
Adventurer C

You're welcome! I felt like the interview was pretty straightforward. In the beginning, she asked me yes or no questions regarding the requirements of the job and if I'm able to do it. Then she asked me questions regarding my resume and past jobs.  She then asked me why I want to work for Southwest, what I hate about customers, etc. You know,  your typical interview questions for the most part.  In the end , she said I would hear back within a week whether by email or by a phone call. However, it's been over a week now so I'm getting worried. I felt like the interview went well and that I answered the questions the best I could. My application status still says "in progress" so I'm still hopeful that I have a chance. My advice to you is to be prepared for the phone interview. They just call you out of the blue without notifying you beforehand. So be prepared!!!

Beverly48
Explorer C

Hi, Jen! I will have my fingers crossed for you. I'm just really anxious, because I want them to pull my resume and see that I have CSA experience. I use to work for ATA at midway. Hopefully that will get my foot in the door. Thanks for the heads up on everything. You got this!!!

Jennie0395
Adventurer C

Thank you so much Beverly. I appreciate your support! They will without a doubt look at your resume while conducting the phone interview. When the recuiter asks questions about your resume and job history, be sure to say that you used to work at Midway. I feel like just that alone you will get a face-to-face interview on the spot! I used to fly with ATA to fly to and from Mexico before the airline went out of business. I may have already met you lol. Also, another thing I've noticed was that the day after my status went from "recieved submission" to "in progress", I got my phone interview. So maybe that's an indicator to when you should expect your phone interview. So be sure to check the status of your application daily and if the status changes to "in progress" just be mentally prepared for the phone interview.

awashington72
Explorer B

I agree patience is the key. I did my customer service app on April 9th. Received an email to fill out more information on April 24. Did phone interview on April 27. Received another call on May 1 for and face to face interview on May 7th. The recruiter there told me be looking out for their decision within two weeks. So Im just waiting next monday makes 2 weeks. Praying I really get this position....GOOD LUCK TO YOU LADIES!

Beverly48
Explorer C

Hi! Did you ever get the job?

Beverly48
Explorer C

Hello Jennie,

Just touching bases with you to see if things went any further with your application? I've since then put in another for the same position, while the 1st one still says "submission received"! It's just crazy how you put up another posting and haven't even took care of the previous applicants. I hope everything went well with you, tho!!!