Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW training pay!!

NasATL
Explorer A

Does anyone know if the training for Ramp Agents is paid?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SW training pay!!

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Yes, all training is paid. Your first week should be all computer based training. Then you'll probably do two weeks OJT. I'm currently in week three and I go to Dallas this Sunday.

NasATL
Explorer A

Thanks for your response. Do we get full time hours while training?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Yup. 40 hours. 😀 

NasATL
Explorer A
Solution

I cant wait for day 1. 😬

Thudson2089
Explorer C

I go this Sunday as well 

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Cool. We'll see ya there. 

I'm from LGB.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Was hired on for the ramp last August and glad I got back to working around planes as it was always my first love! Didn't think at my age(53) SWA wanted a retired ramp guy with previous experience. Remember to keep your head on a swivel and ask plenty of questions no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Have fun and be safe and welcome to the SWA team!!!!!

jmalloy
Adventurer A

@TNuts, the diversity at Southwest is awesome. I'm in your same age bracket and there are a few rampers on our crew older than me. A good attitude and ability to do the job is what's most important. I noticed the same thing with the other positions. All different types of people but all with the same goal.

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

It's good to see another old guy on the ramp, lol! There are some older rampers out where I work and we all get along and tease them young guys/gals. We had a bunch of new employees get hired, which gave me some seniority and took my name off the bottom of the mando list. I enjoy working outside and around planes again! I had previous ramp experience which helped out when I got back outside for training. I am glad I picked SWA over some other companies that were hiring at my airport.