Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW training pay!!

NasATL

Does anyone know if the training for Ramp Agents is paid?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SW training pay!!

jmalloy

Yes, all training is paid. Your first week should be all computer based training. Then you'll probably do two weeks OJT. I'm currently in week three and I go to Dallas this Sunday.

NasATL

Thanks for your response. Do we get full time hours while training?

TPArampgirl

Yup. 40 hours. 😀 

NasATL
Solution

I cant wait for day 1. 😬

Thudson2089
New Arrival

I go this Sunday as well 

jmalloy

Cool. We'll see ya there. 

I'm from LGB.

TNuts

Was hired on for the ramp last August and glad I got back to working around planes as it was always my first love! Didn't think at my age(53) SWA wanted a retired ramp guy with previous experience. Remember to keep your head on a swivel and ask plenty of questions no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Have fun and be safe and welcome to the SWA team!!!!!

jmalloy

@TNuts, the diversity at Southwest is awesome. I'm in your same age bracket and there are a few rampers on our crew older than me. A good attitude and ability to do the job is what's most important. I noticed the same thing with the other positions. All different types of people but all with the same goal.

TNuts

It's good to see another old guy on the ramp, lol! There are some older rampers out where I work and we all get along and tease them young guys/gals. We had a bunch of new employees get hired, which gave me some seniority and took my name off the bottom of the mando list. I enjoy working outside and around planes again! I had previous ramp experience which helped out when I got back outside for training. I am glad I picked SWA over some other companies that were hiring at my airport.