Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Sad-Remote position complications

Hinebc12
Explorer C

I have been waiting a few weeks for this position to open up. I had the same issues as everyone else did when it became available. I did as much research to get help as I could and the only thing I found was this platform and an email (swapeople@wnco.com) to send an email to when having technical difficulties trying to apply to a position. I did and it kicked back an email to me saying this isn’t an email for your resume because I added it to the email. The only reason I added it was because of not knowing if it was received. So with all of this being said does anyone know what I can do to find out if they got my stuff or not? Or who I can contact? I have been in shambles trying to figure this out sense the 20th. I don’t know what else to do. Please someone help me. Thank you!        Casey.H

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sad-Remote position complications

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

@Hinebc12  I want to help cause but not sure if I can. The feeling of not knowing how to move forward is exhausting, so here is what I know from my experience. Dec 31, 2021 I applied for an Admin Corp Headquarters post. The job was listed in SWA careers website. After I filled out the basic application I was given options to upload documents i.e resumes, covid vaccine proof. I did attach resume, and vacc card. I received an email Jan 12th 2022, hopefully I attached it ?, that had a link to my dashboard. I'm not sure this is still the process. So it was some days from when I applied to when I did get a response. When I did receive my dashboard I was able to keep track of my application, and see it travel through different steps. I applied to several jobs I was interested in, had the skills. I DID NOT get picked for several postings, all different titles and categories. I checked posting, my dash, and emails on the daily. Every application getting all excited and getting my "Thank you, NEXT" email a few days later, or getting nothing at all and seeing my progress change on my dash to "closed complete" which is basically just  "NEXT".  The emails were all different in script, and some dept never sent anything back. 3 mths later on April 4th I received an email invite with a link to set up a phone Interview. I didn't get that job either. For my entire long story search through my postings. Today, 6/23/2022 I'm happily exhausted from my 15th day of training. I hoping the dashboard is still a thing."Dash" was not always encouraging news for me, but "dash" was helpful to see progression. 

You are already doing The BEST THING aside from "DASH". Posting, reaching out for others in your same boat, following those that came B4 you, sharing fears, info, mistakes, asking questions, and very important answering questions. 

AGAIN I'm not sure if this will be your path.  Both myself and small bunch of folks @TPArampgirl, @jmalloy @Cabi002  @CeceGirl29  and others grouped up and help each other find answers. Most of all they were my encouragement to keep trying. 

It's good to find peeps looking for a position around the same date as you and stick together. Post as much info you feel comfortable, black out ALL COMPANY and personal info. keep looking here in the community. Every hiring path is different but maybe together we can get you future down the road, or maybe a partner in crime to travel with 😉

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Holy 🐄, I forgot my attachments! 

And don't forget to sign up for job alerts, check junk folder, and if possible answer phone calls from unknown #'s. That is how I received noticed I was moving forward in the job I have now. Different from the other departments that sent emails. 

Screenshot_20220623-173458_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20220623-173448_Outlook.jpg

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

OMG!! SORRY but just saw a lot on community board posted about remote.  This was yesterday @Tanj6 . 

Resized_Screenshot_20220623-170832_Chrome.jpeg

Cabi002
Adventurer B

Hello, 

You need lots of patience.  Keep applying for positions that interest you.  They review applications in the order they were received by hand.  They do not have a software program to weed them out.  That's why it takes so long.  Sometimes you will get an email that says they reached the number of applicants they needed and that they didn't review yours.  That is not a rejection.  They didn't even get to yours so keep applying.  If they say you will have an email or response in a week or two, it will be longer, much longer. 

Hang in there!