Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Should I be worried about lack of contact?

Redruss91
Adventurer C

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on June 1st for a corporate position, and they indicated during the phone interview that they would be trying to fill the position quickly and that I should expect to hear back from them likely by the end of that week on whether I am selected so that they could see about scheduling a virtual interview for the beginning of this week. I felt like the phone interview went well, but it has been radio silence since then, and we are already past the time when he said I could likely expect to hear something.

Should I be worried? Is it possible that they moved on with other candidates and just didn’t tell me that I wasn’t selected for a virtual interview?

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Should I be worried about lack of contact?

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Have you checked your dashboard? Through my process, I had 2-3 different phone interviews(PI), 3-4 different Virtual Interview (VI), across 3 different departments. After 1 of my PI i received a link to sign up for a Virtual Interview, with the same  recruiter. After 1 of my other PI I received an email to pick a time in the next few days for a VI. After my 3rd PI I had already picked another department and let that recruiter know of my withdrawal. 

I did notice that my progress on my dashboard lagged a couple of days from info I had already received about a job posting.  BUT I also noticed when I was NOT picked to move forward, my dashboard was the best indicator when I would see the "closed complete" status. I would then receive an email that my skills didn't match the what they needed. 

So.....make sure you check your dashboard, and noticed your status progression. Check emails. If you have the contact info from recruiter, and feel comfortable, reach out and ask if there is anymore info needed to help you get the position, or is there anything you can improve on. I found that everyone in recruiting, HR, and everyone I've meet, is there to help you get the job, help you keep that job, and want you to be successful. Good luck, reach out with all your ??'s, and pls post all info you learn for others. 🤞

Redruss91
Adventurer C

Well, according to my dashboard it still says In Process with a last update date of 5/31, which is when I got the e-mail to schedule a phone interview. So I will keep my fingers crossed.

ManiRayaprolu
Explorer C

Actually I am in a similar boat....and had no response from my recruiter either through e-mail or even the phone where I left a message....and the dashboard says 'In Process '....just fyi...

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Don’t get Discouraged,  I think things time time with them because there are actual humans doing the work and not some computer system. Also I know right now they had a class that started Monday and another next Monday so the person who should be calling/emailing you for the VI may be a little busy. Put it like this we have all been there, please keep us posted we family now lol 

Oh and yes keep a strong eye on your emails and your junk mail!!!!!! 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

Here’s my timeline for a corporate position:

Applied 4/27

Invited for PI 5/2

PI 5/4

Completed Assessment 5/4

Invited for VI 5/4

VI 5/12

Invited to F2F 5/18

F2F 5/27

Got a call saying they’d like to move forward with me but need to call my references 5/31

Got a call saying my references were complete but the supervisor had a question and that I should hear back by Monday (6/6) on 6/3

I haven’t heard anything since then, but I’m not giving up hope because I’m sure the recruiters are insanely busy right now. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Hi @brittg72409 and @Redruss91. I have been through the corp hiring process and now work headquarters DAL. Our process is a bit different from the other bigger departments. I was able to follow their progression, but don't panic if y'all see differences. 

After my drug test and Contin Contract April 25th, I didn't hear anything until May 23 that everything was finalized, about 4-5 weeks later. I think that might be the step where y'all are now. It SOOOO hard waiting to hear anything. I was thinking I was going to be giving my 2 weeks back April 25😶. You know.. all proud of myself, ready to strut myself around in my new SWA Tshirt...🦚 Nope! After 3 weeks I was more like 🐤

My dept had several spaces to fill so they continued to have interviews until all spots were filled. Then all us new hires had the same 1st day to start training.

I still was able to follow the community posts even though we all were from departments, Ground, Customer, Flight, etc. and could see when posters started posting their 1st day date AND FOR US their onboarding dates, I could track when I probably would be getting some type of feedback. 

I lived here in Dallas about 15 yrs now, so ask me anything questions. My fingers are crossed for both of you! Keep me posted reach out to me individual for details on DAL. 🤠

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be i just got my start date 🙌🏼 Heading to Dallas tomorrow to try to secure a place to live! 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 Still waiting for my stuff to clear......Its kind of nerve racking at this point because from my conversations with them they made it seem like it was pretty much wrapped up a week ago. I'm getting to the point where I need to put in my notice with my current employer to keep all the balls in the air for moving to Texas without burning bridges, but I don't want to put in my notice until I have that firm start date...

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 Have you checked in with your recruiter? I’d message them and just say you want to make sure you didn’t miss anything etc. I feel like they get super busy sometimes so some thing get inadvertently pushed to the back of the stack.