Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Should I be worried about lack of contact?

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 , any chance you could drop the name of the complex for me? I want to know if it’s one we have already been looking at!

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 for sure! Pm me! 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 I may just be dumb, but I can’t find a PM option……

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 i can’t get it to pull you up, but Just “love” this message once you see it so that I can remove it 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Woohoo!! So happy to welcome both of you. @Redruss91  unfortunately I'm not familiar with many surrounding suburbs. I live in the actual Dallas city limits. I have been to Las Colinas, but that might be too far from wifey's school. Trinity Lake is 1 hr 27 min from me and I'm about 17 minutes from Love air. 

@brittg72409  this might be too late before you visit, but if you could look in Irving several of my classmates commute from there, including my supervisor. 

@Redruss91 that too may be a stretch for your wife. On Monday I'll ask my group for help in actual names of areas closer to,  but west of DAL. 1 job I did while waiting on SWA hire date, was a part time job.  I did  a grocery shopping job . Just shopped the store to fill item list and bagged the items, no delivery. It was a quick hire process, on line, something you could before you move down, easy job, decent pay, flexible, and most stores have shoppers posting. 

As far as utilities are concerned, of course depending on area, apt, house, etc BUT  

Water/ Garbage - $50 month 

Electricity- depends on season $70-250

Gas- $20-$70

?Internet/Cable¿- $100

I hope this helps. Keep asking me questions, and I will try to find answers. 

@Redruss91 wrote:

@About2be 

Thanks for the info! Really what I need right now is a good recommendation for an apartment. Our budget is a little bit tight, but we are trying to get a 2-bed 2-bath somewhere for under 2k if we can manage it. We will be bringing 2 cats along with us too.

My wife will be starting her new job at Trinity Lakes Elementary in the HEB ISD on July 25. We are trying to find a place somewhere between there and Corporate, mainly looking in the Las Colinas, Centreport, Euless areas. Any suggestions or areas to avoid would be most helpful!

I am particularly anxious about my start date, since we are moving from out-of-state and I really need a start date close to my wife’s to make budget and everything work. 😂

Also, could you give me an idea of the cost of utilities run in the area?

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be did you get any onboarding paperwork prior to your start date? Other than my offer letter and a welcome email from my future supervisor I haven’t received anything. I asked my recruiter if I had any paperwork to do beforehand and she said no. My supervisor did mention that I’ll have paperwork to do when I arrive Monday, but I haven’t even heard anything about where to go on Monday yet. 

@Redruss91 how’s it going? I’m officially 4 days away and I move in 2 days so I’m in full blown freak out mode. 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 I have no idea what is going on with my background screening, and its a little bit frustrating. I have been in communication with my employment screening coordinator, as well as my recruiting coordinator, and all I have been told is "You have already passed everything that would prevent an offer from being extended" and "we haven't received your background screening yet".

When I check my screening status with Sterling, it says that southwest has ordered 2 screenings for me, 1 with my last name misspelled that shows an estimated completion date of July 15th, and 1 with my name spelled correctly that says the screening report has already been completed.

I brought this up to my screening coordinator, and received an email that simply said they were looking into the delay and the cause of the delay, and that they hope to have an answer for me soon.

We are supposed to be moving in 2 weeks for my wife to start her new job, but I haven't even been able to put my notice in at my current employer because of the situation. It also makes it difficult for us to obtain housing, because the places we have narrowed down to live all want an official, signed offer letter from both of our potential employers. The stress is real right now.

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 I bet the inaccurate spelling in the first background check is causing a “incomplete” on your profile, thus resulting in the delay. I’m glad you caught it and I hope that it moves quicker now that it’s been brought to their attention.

If the place I mentioned to you is one of the places you’re considering, put your future expected income as the income and they will not require proof of any sort. The leasing agent Deena gave me that pointer when applying too because I had a start date but not a formal offer letter. I move to Dallas tomorrow. I heard from my recruiter today saying I’m good to go and asking for my new address so they can send me some stuff. Hopefully you’re next! 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Redruss91  did you hear back yet?  If not, I’m sure you will by early next week. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Holy cow! I'm so you are going through this. Hang in there, the has to be a way to ?¿ Someone I know would help, if only we knew who? Both myself and I'm sure @brittg72409 (once she gets here) can try to work the ground for you? I'll ask around and see if anyone would know  someone or some department that has a physical office to help out. I'm so very sorry.