Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Should I be worried about lack of contact?

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

@Redruss91 good news is that since the system was making mistakes, during the same time you were going through. SO the plan is to look into all the apps in that time cycle. Not so great news, I only have contact with folks that went through the process prior to the hiccup. So we aren't sure who handling that tangled ball. I worked today ( Sunday) so my dept was a weekend staffed crew, so at as many folks to ask. I will keep trying. And again so sorry, but hopefully you and wife can still make it to Dallas area. We need good teachers and great "YOUS" as co-hearts. 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@About2be I am trying very hard to be optimistic, but I have already had to delay my notice date with my current job, which means I am going to be moving my wife out to Dallas and having to come back to Florida to finish out my 2-week notice. If this isn’t resolved this week, we are going to be hard pressed to find a place to live in time for me to my wife out there as well. @brittg72409 We are trying to rent a house rather than an apartment, but as a result they are much more finicky about what they will accept as proof of income, so with out the official offer letter with start date, we are up a creek. 

I try to avoid burning bridges when I leave employers, mainly because I want to leave a good impression and not be the employee they refer to as the wrong way to do things. Unfortunately, that means my wife and I will likely end up having to live apart for at least a week if not longer, which is difficult when you are trying to set up a new house.

I just really hope I hear back soon.

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@About2be @brittg72409 It looks like, according to Sterling, they have initiated a THIRD background check on me. It is supposed to be done tomorrow however. The funny thing is, my background check should not be this complicated. I have lived in the same place, worked the same job for the last five years, the only thing I have is a couple of speeding tickets (One was paid, the other I took a driving class for). My background is so uncomplicated it shouldn't take more than an hour to get through it, lol.

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 Keep us updated! I bet that first misspelled one caused all of the issues, but also the switch to the WorkDay system. Today was my first day and all I can say is this…… IT REALLY IS AS AWESOME AS IT SEEMS! There were 570 CoHearts in my onboarding class today (including new FA’s) Everyone is so nice and happy to work at SWA, and their onboarding process is so much fun, even with a huge class like the one today. It’s going to be SO worth the wait!

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 Any news??

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 No news. It’s kind of frustrating, and it is causing all kinds of problems. My wife is now having to go out by herself for at least 2 weeks before I will be able to get out there, and it’s causing problems with us being able to put our house here in Florida up for sale, not to mention the problems that it’s going to cause financially with the change in pay periods from my current job to the next one.

sorry, venting a little bit of frustration here. I’m seeing posts of people who received the CJO well after I’d got mine who have already completed their background screening and have a start date. There is absolutely no reason that my background screening should be taking this long. It’s been over a month since my CJO and drug test.

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 what did your recruiter say about the delay after telling you it should only take 24 hours? I wish we could figure out how to pm so you could send me your info and I could look in to it for you. Can you send me your email so I can reach out to you and get your info and see what I can find out on my end? 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 So, the problem doesn't lie with Southwest at the moment, it lies with Sterling. They are trying to conduct a local criminal records check from where I grew up, but haven't lived in 10+ years now. Sterling said the Court house is understaffed and so it is taking longer to complete because they can't get the records. I called a friend who happens to work in said courthouse and she said that is not the case at all, and that if I had someone go down to the courthouse I could get all the necessary documentation within about 15 minutes, and that the problem is that the background companies like Sterling don't submit more than about 15 names a day, and as a result the backlog is of Sterling's own making.

In the mean time, the ETA from sterling has been pushed back to the 25th. Which means my wife is going to be living in a hotel for a week before she is able to stay with a friend, while I am stuck here in Florida until at least the middle of August. Its entirely frustrating. At this rate, we are going to exceed 6 weeks since I got my CJO, and I am being forced to go through a bunch of unnecessary trainings at my work that won't help me with my position with Southwest.

If you want to email me you can at redruss7 at hotmail

Let me know when you get the email so that I can delete it from here.

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Srry for my very late response. Excited for your July 11th day one.

I did get paperwork before my onboarding, but it was from my department trainer. My department has a newsletter with "people" news. Birthdays, Anniversaries, new hire intros, etc. So I did have "department" related paperwork. If your day 1 is on-board you will go to corporate Bldgs and follow your onboarding email. Me day 1 was in my department, so my dept trainer sent out instructions. On boarding email had SWA colors boarder and was signed from SWA team, so you could tell automated email.

My trainer email was just a personal email. No extra flare and was signed by my trainers. Let me know if you still need help tomorrow (7-10), I'll be working and can try to get answers. Bring all required and usual new hire documents, similar to your passport, DL, SS#, etc. I did get my badge day 1 so practice you "look" in mirror😁. I wore my new tennies to take the tour, but had my big girl pumps in my bag to complete my outfit. Navy dress blazer, red and white flowered button down, navy pleated skirt, white tennies, navy pumps. 🤠🥰 You going to loves it! 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2beDay one went great! My ID picture is awful though lol. I was ready and cute, then the picture didn’t save so I had to run back and retake it 😅