Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Should I be worried about lack of contact?

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 Any news?

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@brittg72409 still no news, unfortunately.

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 i got my official offer letter that I had to sign and return today. Hopefully you’re next! 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

@brittg72409 Did you happen to get the date of your 1st day?

@Redruss91 keep checking emails.  did you call/email recruiter and check you haven't missed crossing all the  "t's" or dotting all the "i's? I didn't realize at the beginning of my job process how  it could a bit long. It's got to be difficult to figure out all the dets when you are relocating, and your not sure about where/when your going to land. 

I can't wait to see y'all and get to buy both of you a great welcome cookie with a big sweet tea!! 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be yes, I start in DAL on July 11th! Can’t wait to meet y’all! 

Redruss91
Adventurer C

@About2be 

Thanks for the info! Really what I need right now is a good recommendation for an apartment. Our budget is a little bit tight, but we are trying to get a 2-bed 2-bath somewhere for under 2k if we can manage it. We will be bringing 2 cats along with us too.

My wife will be starting her new job at Trinity Lakes Elementary in the HEB ISD on July 25. We are trying to find a place somewhere between there and Corporate, mainly looking in the Las Colinas, Centreport, Euless areas. Any suggestions or areas to avoid would be most helpful!

I am particularly anxious about my start date, since we are moving from out-of-state and I really need a start date close to my wife’s to make budget and everything work. 😂

Also, could you give me an idea of the cost of utilities run in the area?

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 I have a few places in Euless on my list to look at tomorrow. I’ll let you know how they are! 

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@Redruss91 We actually found a place today in Euless! $1769 for a 2/2 townhome. It’s about 19-22 mins from corporate but it’s a really nice area! We also toured a few places in Irving and one in Plano today, but the Euless was the nicest one for the cost and had the most amenities. Hopefully you hear something soon so you can check it out!

brittg72409
Adventurer B

@About2be i toured a few in Irving but ultimately settled for one in Euless that was more updated than the ones we found in Irving. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

YES !!!!!! SO HAPPY!!