Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Employee Benefits

phenflea
Explorer C

Hello-  I am very interested in a customer service agent position with SWA.  There is an opportunity available near my home, but the position posted is part-time.  Can you tell me how many hours constitute part-time and if Southwest offers health insurance benefits for part-time employees and their family?  Thank you for your time and attention.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Southwest Employee Benefits

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @phenflea,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in one of our open positions! Part-time Customer Service Agents typically work 20-30 hours a week, plus they are given opportunities for overtime. We do offer health insurance plans for our part-time Employees, as well as various other benefits--including free, unlimited standby flights for the Employee and eligible dependents!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

alloo
Explorer C

Who are some of the medical insurance providers that you offer in CO for FT employees? What type of medical insurance are offered? HDP, HMO...etc. I'm considering joining SWA as a Customer Service Agent. Medical Insurance is a big deal for me and I want to know before I apply? Do you provide the HMO plan from Kaiser Permenente?

Aloha,
AL

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @alloo,

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest as a Customer Service Agent! We offer several medical plans, available across the U.S. to Full-time and Part-time Employees. United Healthcare is our current administrator for all plans. There is one high deductible plan that is paired with a health savings account; the other plans are PPOs and vary by deductibles, copays or coinsurance, covered benefits and the amount of premium contributions paid by Employees. Best of luck throughout the application process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

macklc
Explorer C

Hello -

I saw that you have three employee benefit options a Choice Plus a Choice Plan C and an HSA.  Do any of these plans allow out of network benefits?  Do any not allow out of network benefits.  My surgeon is not a UHC provider so I am trying to figure out the plans.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @macklc,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! There is some out-of-network coverage on our plans. The cost to the participant for using out-of-network services is higher than using in-network services.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Mizobeh
Explorer C

What is the current healthcare company that Southwest use for its employees?

and also I heard that you  can travel

on travel partners Airlines was just paying taxes is that correct?

CourtneyW
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mizobeh,

Thank you for reaching out regarding our Southwest benefits. We are making some changes to our benefit partners for 2022 so it may look a little different. Upon your first day of hire, you'll receive additional information on your Medical plan administrator depending on your ZIP code. Feel free to visit our Southwest benefits page to learn more!
You will also receive information on our ZED travel benefits when you start. ZED travel on other airlines usually starts after six months of your date of hire. It's a great benefit and a lot of our Employees love to take advantage!

Courtney
Southwest Careers

eaberg
Explorer C

@KelbyTansey

I'm looking to possibly come onboard in a finance role at corporate after graduation this semester, but I was wondering what the maternal/paternal leave benefits are in corporate roles at SW?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @eaberg,

Thanks so much for considering Southwest for your Career! Because there are some intricacies with this question, I have sent you a direct message with more information and a contact.

Kelby
Southwest Careers