Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwests' operating practices

Meljohn
Explorer B

Just read article regarding flight attendant suing sw because she was asked to cover cabin cockpit for one of the pilots to use crew lavatory (must be 2 people in cockpit) always.  He must have had adult beverages before take off since he forgot to remove an Ipad from window which was displaying full view crew lavatory-opps, pilots placed hidden camera in crew lavatory for peeping in on rest of crew while they were in there.  Co-pilot in cockpit apparently became panicked when she saw display and inquired about it.  According to the story, both pilots denied being responsible and Southwest has taken not fired eithet pilot-they are still flying.  Hope the judge or jury hearing this case awards multi millions be paid to other crew being VIOLATED!  Will never fly Sw again.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Southwests' operating practices

dauxier
Explorer B

MelJohn

As someone who has been a A-List Perferred/Companion Pass member for a number of years now. I have always taken pride in Southwest Airlines and fly with them whenever possible. But after reading this article, it has now changed my view on Southwest Airlines. What's very troubling is, that this incident happened in 2017 and now it's 2019. And these two pilots are still flying for Southwest. While I do realize that these pilots have not been charged or found guilty in a court of law. One has to have some major concerns if the article is correct and the flight attendant did take a picture of the streaming I-Pad. Then getting the nervous reaction and explanation of the co-pilot. At the very least Southwest should have been taken as a very serious situation. It gives one the appearance that Southwest has worked harder to conceal or sweep this under the rug, rather than doing the right thing. I'm not sure I can continue to use Southwest Airlines in the future. But will wait for Southwest's side of this story.

Meljohn
Explorer B

How many more years are you willing to wait?

dauxier
Explorer B

Meljohn

I'm willing to wait until I get both sides of the allegations and hopefully the full truth. I'd rather make my choices based on all the facts, rather than just one article that seems to only present one side of the story mainly. You are free to pass any judgement you think  is appropriate. But I also admit the article doesn't put Southwest in a very good light. That's why I decided to post in the first place.  As a Southwest member, it concerns me greatly.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dauxier wrote:

MelJohn

While I do realize that these pilots have not been charged or found guilty in a court of law. One has to have some major concerns if the article is correct and the flight attendant did take a picture of the streaming I-Pad.

If the article is correct -- do you have evidence that it is? Do you have anything other than  the allegation?

Then getting the nervous reaction and explanation of the co-pilot.

Alleged -- you've heard one side of the story. What did the co pilot say. Presumably HR would have investigated. What were the results of that investigation? 

At the very least Southwest should have been taken as a very serious situation.

Do you have evidence that Southwest did not take the allegation seriously?

It gives one the appearance that Southwest has worked harder to conceal or sweep this under the rug, rather than doing the right thing. I'm not sure I can continue to use Southwest Airlines in the future. But will wait for Southwest's side of this story.

A good rule of thumb is to hear all viewpoints before rushing to judgement.

Meljohn
Explorer B

Do you really beieve someone would file a lawsuit without any evidence. Me too'er who has no tolerance for perverts.  Put your daughter on their plane to be watched, abused, and called a liar.  Will you set back for over 2 years waiting for her justice-maybe perverts are ok in your book.  Dont want to know! 

dauxier
Explorer B

Didn't I also say that I wanted to hear Southwest's response???

Meljohn
Explorer B

You did say that, however, the allegations are that copilot told her airline installed camera for security-in a crew only toilet??????allegations in the court filing state sw told her to never mention it.  I do not see sw calling this in to law enfircement to be investigated since the co pilot alleges sw installed the camera.., since that would create liabilty on their part.  Do you expect them to admit the allegations if they are in fact true??????Jeffery Eipsteen. & Harvey Weinstein both denied allegations against them however those cases were investigated and neither have had a chance to present thier side, I feel most americans have formed an opinion as to what the facts really are, do you think offenders will ever speak the truth or admit guilt?  Unfortunately Jefferys' victims eill never recieve justice because he was too chicken to suffer the way they were FORCED to suffer.  Sw has deep pocket books just like Jeffery did.   If they can bribe or pay to get a judgement favorable to them, do you really think they will speak their side?  If so you are very niave and should wonder into reality for a couple of minutes anyway.  Keep supporting sw and have a great one!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Meljohn wrote:

You did say that, however, the allegations are that copilot told her airline installed camera for security-in a crew only toilet?????? 

There are no crew only toilets on planes. As far as the whole incident goes, see my 6:09 post in this thread.

Meljohn
Explorer B

So now you are an expert on airplane construction design and manufacturing.  Are you a Boeing employee?