Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Start date question

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

I know this may be a weird question but for those who were working before getting hired with Southwest how did you do your work notice to your old employer ? I ask because as I read I see start dates can vary with Southwest.

Thank you for reading 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Start date question

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

I’m waiting until Southwest calls or emails me to confirm my first week schedule before I inform my employer. But I live in an at will state so I don’t have to give 2 weeks notice because I don’t wanna go back. My start date is 5/23 at Mdw

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Ok lol well that makes sense I’m in Texas which I do believe is also an at will state 

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

Yes because anything can happen lol and I don’t wanna be jobless . This has been a long process. 

Misterrikan
Explorer C

Same here 5/23 MDW Ramp

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

Congratulations. I will be training for CSA

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I wouldn't say anything until 2 weeks before your start date. SW will at least give you that much time so that you can give notice. 🙂 

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

Thank you everyone for the feedback and congratulations to you all!!!

Jd326
Explorer C

I’m from Texas and one thing to know is that you have to give a full two weeks notice to be paid out all accrued vacation time. 

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@Jd326 wrote:

I’m from Texas and one thing to know is that you have to give a full two weeks notice to be paid out all accrued vacation time. 

Yeah I know and I want to ensure I do right by my prior (or current) employer