Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Start date?

Ericcawillis
Explorer A

Hi guys! I’m wondering when should I get my start date I check my email every 10mins for an update but nothing. I just did my drug test and fingerprints on Friday. Also when should I put my two weeks in I’m currently a department lead so I want to give them plenty of time to find a replacement. 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Start date?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm only assuming you may be a new SWA employee?  I"m just not sure.  Nor am I sure of why you're posting this on a discussion forum, this is a employee relations discussion board or human resources.  Try contact HR or whomever you made initial contact with about your question.  

Tmike92
Adventurer B

@Ericcawillis you’ll get a start date when your background and employment verification clears (typically 7-10 days). 

Tmike92
Adventurer B

& I wouldn’t give a 2 week notice till you’ve secured an official start date. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It seems like it'll be 7-10 days after you do prints and drug testing that you'll get an email about the employment process being complete. After I got that email, it was 2 days until I got an email about a start date. Hang in there! The time will come! 🙂 

Lfuentes24
Explorer B

I got hired in early February and I receive the email that my drug,prints and background had completed about a month ago.And I am still waiting to hear from someone about the next steps. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Send an email out to your recruiter. That seems a bit long... however, a few people have just barely started getting their start date emails. They seem to do things in batches. I'm still waiting on my new hire paperwork that was supposed to arrive 3 weeks ago. I should send follow my own advice and send an email out too, I guess. 😅🤦🏽‍♀️

Lfuentes24
Explorer B

Thank you ,I did yesterday and all she said was that she’s waiting on the station to provide her a start date for me. I got hire for SRQ in Florida and a friend of mine applied about 3 weeks after me for Tampa and he already got he’s start date and some other papers about a week ago. 😅

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I'll be in Tampa too. 😀 I assume it's moving a bit quicker because it's a bigger airport...? At this point, who knows! Lol.

Ericcawillis
Explorer A

I got my start today!! 4/04!!! I’m so excited and ready to get started!