Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Start date!!

Marlissia
Explorer A

Hello everyone, I was recently offered my contingent offer on 3/8/22 did background and drug test and was told it was completed on 3/24 by Sterling! I haven’t heard anything yet and I’m freaking out! I checked my dashboard it still says “under review” with a last update date of 3/30.

How long does it usually take to heat something back about training. I’ve reached out to my recruiter and he basically said I have to wait in the coordinator. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Start date!!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It really does vary. Some people wait a few days, and others wait a few weeks. You never really can tell. The email will come eventually. 

Marlissia
Explorer A

Yes that’s true. I’m just a little anxious 

missiissippii
Explorer C

I feel like it varies. My friend had her interview after me and received her offer letter after me but has already cleared everything and is pending a start date. I havent heard back from my recruiter or have heard anything back at all. I checked with sterling and my background was already cleared but no one has reached out. 

Marlissia
Explorer A

This is the same with me. I reached out and was told keep checking emails 

Cabi002
Adventurer B

Hello, 

I received my cjo on 3/4 and did my fingerprints/drug testing on 3/8.  I didn't hear anything again until 3/18 telling me my start date and to expect an on boarding packet in 5-10 days.  I received the on boarding packet on 3/30.  I start on 4/18.

Hang in there.