Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still nothing 😩

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

I start on May 2nd at SDF and still haven’t received no first day instructions of any kind from my station 😩😩😩😩. I reached out to my recruiter yesterday she said she will let my station know still no update

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Still nothing 😩

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

You may receive something by tomorrow.  

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Nettyboo34  I got It 

Nettyboo34
Adventurer C

Yay!! You official now. No more waiting

jgbarnett
Explorer A

@CeceGirl29, are you at SDF?

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

Yes are you @jgbarnett but i got My email

woke up to it 

jgbarnett
Explorer A

No, I am in COS, but I have learned that most things are on a need to know basis.

Also, even our May calendar advised that "Take note that the Kentucky Derby is next Saturday so SDF should have their hands full! "

I feel sorry for your station manager.  Besides all the new hires, has the Derby as well.

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Oh no. Hang in there. There are some "A day in the life of SWA..."  YouTube videos that can help ease that feeling of unkown. I've been watching some tours of the airport, some people's 1st training days, classroom, etc. There is lots of info out there, so take with a grain of salt. Your experience will be yours. 😊 If anything, May 2nd get up super early, get cute, grab donuts, get up to airport super early, and go say "Hi" to your new co-workers and hand out donuts. I bet that might get you some info. 🍩 at least get you some work friends.

jgbarnett
Explorer A

When I say "need to know" basis, I mean as far as scheduling.

It is frustrating, but most things come in a few days before necessary, including info for training in Dallas.

jmalloy
Adventurer A

You're ok. Same thing happened to me. They sent my info late Friday afternoon for a Monday start. I know its hard to be patient, but they won't let you fall through the cracks. 

I suggest just being prepared on your end. Clothes ready, food prep, car gassed up, etc. Study the codes some more if you have time.

Relax and enjoy the weekend, it's gonna get busy soon enough.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.