Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still stuck in "received submission" mode

karebear7264
Explorer C

Hello again..I keep checking my email and my application status which still says "received submission"...should I reach out and try to talk to a recruiter about what i should be expecting since my application status hasn't changed? I'm concerned that I might need to upgrade and add more info to my resume. I had the perfect resume on file before I applied this last time but somehow I accidentally replaced it with a different resume which isn't necessarily tailored like the first one was to Southwest Airlines specific standards and I can't seem to find my "Southwest " resume anywhere on the career portal. Would you be able to help me find my old resume that Southwest has had on file for so long or is it lost for good? And will my application ever get to "under review"? Thank you...Cara Ann

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Still stuck in "received submission" mode

NGODITRUST
Explorer C
Solution

Hi I am experiencing the same problem that you are having. My application has been in the submission received status since 2/28. 

karebear7264
Explorer C
Solution

I know. What does that mean at this late stage of the process? Could we possibly have not been selected I wonder? Can I maybe tweek and upgrade my resume to be more befitting of Southwest Airlines expectations while I'm waiting? Or will changing resumes cause things to slow down even more. May I also be able to apply for a position, say like...an Inflight Supervisor should it happen to pop up while I'm waiting to hear? Or will that also slow the process down?

RetLeo
Explorer A

Hi there,

This is really the early stage of the process.  My wife's friend applied in 2016 and then got a training date for 2018.  

Sit back and relax...:)

kmlipinski
Adventurer C

Does anyone know when SWA is planning to hold the training classes, how many classes will they need and how many trainees will be in each class? Has anyone made it to the point that they are assigned to a class?

Patiently waiting,