Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Summer Internship Rejections

brandonltomlin
Explorer C

Hello all! 

I'm a senior at Texas A&M University, graduating in May 2022, and recently applied for 14 of the summer internship positions. I received automated email rejections from all of them pretty quickly, even though I felt highly qualified for them while applying. I understand it's a competitive process, but I'm also wondering if there was something in my application/dashboard that was flagged. Does anyone happen to know if the fact that I graduate before the internship begins restricts me from being considered? I would appreciate any insight anybody has! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Summer Internship Rejections

dfwskier
Aviator A

@brandonltomlin wrote:

Does anyone happen to know if the fact that I graduate before the internship begins restricts me from being considered? I would appreciate any insight anybody has! 

I don't know for sure, but that would not surprise me.

In my view internships are for people that are continuing with their eductaions.

Re: Summer Internship Rejections

ethan_kurtz1
Explorer C

Hey Brandon,

I’m in the exact same situation. I think it is due to the fact that we are graduating in May 2022. However, I asked their HR message bot on the careers website before I applied and it actually responded saying you are eligible for an internship the semester after you graduate. Which would be the summer 2022. Unfortunately, there is no way to reach out and contact anyone about this. Let me know if you find any answers! Good luck.