Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tattoo Policy

jjd140333
Explorer C

Hi! So i understand that tattoos are acceptable but must be covered at all times. Which first of all, i admire that so much from Southwest so thank you for that! So i guess my question is, during a FA interview if you are asked if you have any VISIBLE tattoos (meaning something you can see) what is the way to answer that because i’m confused as too the question. i have tattoos but they are NOT visible because i’m going to hide them with pants, scarf, makeup, long sleeves ect. So if they’re not visible my answer would be no, i do not have visible tattoos but i do have them and i don’t want to come off as dishonest so i’m confused as too what that question is asking, PLEASE HELP!! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tattoo Policy

Relll06
Adventurer C

Re: Tattoo Policy

Relll06
Adventurer C
Solution

Flight Attendants must meet the Uniform Appearance Standards as well.  The items noted below are examples and not an exhaustive list of the Standards.

• Visible body and facial piercings are not permitted, e.g. eyebrows, nose, earlobe plugs/gauges, lips, tongues
  • Tattoos cannot be visible. All tattoos must be appropriately covered by pants, long sleeve shirts, hair, makeup, or scarf.

They are going to ask do have any tattoos that are visible in the uniformv and that's when you say no