Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

The update y'all have been waiting for... First day!

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Just finished my second day and boy, let me tell you, it is a lot of information. 

Prior to my first day I was sent an email about where to park, where to meet, and what time to be there. I cannot even begin to stress how important it is that you are 100% on time. Attitude and attendance are major to SW. You need to plan accordingly to be there on time or early. My schedule for this week will be M-F 0730-1600. Everyone in my class is so friendly, and personable. There isn't anyone that I haven't been able to hold a conversation with. We are a mix of CSA and Ramp. The instructors are top-notch and can pretty much answer any question you think of. The first day kind of felt like a day to settle in and get to know everyone you'll be in class with. We met with some of our SW airport managers and sups, mentors, and fellow co-hearts. The current employees that I've seen just walking around the area have been so friendly and welcoming. SW really is the gold standard when it comes to friendly faces. I love it so far. 😍 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: The update y'all have been waiting for... First day!

jmalloy
Adventurer A

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear how welcoming everyone is, and I gotta figure that's going to be the same for me next week @ LGB.  I literally watch the planes pass my over my house all day long. Can't wait to be out there. 

jgbarnett
Explorer A

Thank you so much for the update.  You are also the gold standard, os you will fit right in.

Cabi002
Adventurer B

Thank you for the update and the information!  It must feel so good to finally be there.   Good luck! 

janie_1128
Explorer A

Thanks  for  the  update. Do you know your schedule for next week and the Date that you are going to Dallas. 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

I don't know my schedule for next week and I do know when I'm going to Dallas, but I don't have any details. 

msmo71
Adventurer C

How exciting. I can’t wait to experience the LUV. 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Woohoo!!! You made it!!!! So excited for you! You know what I'm going to ask.. What did you wear? Suit? With blazer, and pants? Did you need to take anything with you, like notebook and pen? Holy cow, did everyone have to stand up and introduce themselves? Hehehe Sounds like you loved it😁. Go get some deserved rest.

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

I got the same question @About2be  for @TPArampgirl  what did you wear your first day ? Do we need to bring anything pen or pencil 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

@About2be @CeceGirl29 So far, I've worn business casual. The first day was a black blouse, black fitted pants, and black flats. Second day was a pink top, purple pencil skirt, pink flats. Third day was a blue boat neck top, dark blue pinstriped pants, and silver loafers. I am keeping it classy 💯. I did bring a notebook and pen. It's not required, but there will be things you want to write down for future reference, for example, your SW employee number, station phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Everyone did stand up to introduce themselves. It wasn't too bad when they got to me because, like I said, everyone is so welcoming and friendly.