Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Time off during Training

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Hi everyone,

I have a CJO, just waiting on everything to come back but I'm confident that I won't have any problems nor do I need to wait on USPS. I'm curious as to if during training, does one gets weekends off? 

My oldest son lives in Houston and I'd love to go visit him, even if that means only 24 hrs. I haven't seen him since he took a job down there last year. I'd like to fly from DAL to IAH. Think that this may be possible?

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Time off during Training

williamh
Employee
Employee

I'm glad to hear you're excited to join us! We always love when our Southwest family grows. To be clear, which position will you be training for? 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Hey @williamh! I'll be training for Ops Agent in DEN. My oldest lives near IAH so I was hoping to fly down from Dallas while I'm in training there. It'll be nice to see him since I haven't seen him since he left Denver. Like I said, even if it's just for the day, it'll be nice to see him. While we're in Dallas, do we get any days off or is it all training for 2 weeks?

williamh
Employee
Employee

Gotcha! My understanding is that training is 5 days long and you'd be in Dallas from Sunday to Thursday, so that wouldn't allow for a trip to Houston. But the good thing is you'll be able to fly nonrev once you're through with training and see him then! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

Fluker96
Explorer B

What about a new Ramp Agent?