Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

To anyone applying for the flight attendant position

Tlindblade
Explorer B

Hi everyone,

It has been a long week! I found out about the flight attendant job from a friend this week and have been earnestly revising my resume, finishing a cover letter, and reading every informational post to expand my understanding of what this job will require. Success takes research! I am so excited, but trying not to get my hopes to high. I am nervous, but trying to contain my composure. I feel ready for what the future holds, but am content in the present. I keep checking my computer every hour, but try to not get too obsessive. 

I was curious to how everyone else is feeling? How are you handling the suspense? Please feel free to post back and let me know. Good luck and remember that everyone deserves a chance!

P.S. The best advise I received was from a Kelby Tansey post. Half way down her "Information Regarding Flight Attendant Opening" post, she has a link you can click to take you to the Flight Attendant Job Portal. Have it ready on your computer or phone if needed for a backup! Best of wishes to all!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: To anyone applying for the flight attendant position

srmiles
Explorer C

You are not alone I am waiting as well on the position to post as well . I wish you the best of luck.

NatalielovesSW
Explorer B

This is a wonderful opportunity and I am very excited.  Best wishes to us all.Smiley Very Happy

tstoker
Explorer C

Thanks for sharing.  I'm too excited to sleep anyway.  Just patiently and reading all the stories and suggestions and feedback.  Doing the Pro Active things I can.  Best wishes to you.

katiemul
Explorer C

What time will it open? Good luck to all!! 🙂

Tlindblade
Explorer B

Oh my goodness, I wish I had the answer to your question! No one knows! The only information Southwest has released is that the job application will be posted sometime on 2/5/2018. Good luck and I will try to post an alert when it opens!

Tlindblade
Explorer B

It is up, but you the server must be full because it is hard to log in. Good luck and keep trying!

Warrior2
Explorer A

Hi

I hope you got your application in! Good luck. 

Darina1994s
Explorer A

I'm so excited about this incredible oportunity!!!! Good luck to all 🙂 

Warrior2
Explorer A

Hi 

Its a very exciting feeling I am ready to start a new chapter in my life and been a flight Attendant has been a dream since I was a child

Lets see!

wrote:

Hi everyone,

It has been a long week! I found out about the flight attendant job from a friend this week and have been earnestly revising my resume, finishing a cover letter, and reading every informational post to expand my understanding of what this job will require. Success takes research! I am so excited, but trying not to get my hopes to high. I am nervous, but trying to contain my composure. I feel ready for what the future holds, but am content in the present. I keep checking my computer every hour, but try to not get too obsessive. 

I was curious to how everyone else is feeling? How are you handling the suspense? Please feel free to post back and let me know. Good luck and remember that everyone deserves a chance!

P.S. The best advise I received was from a Kelby Tansey post. Half way down her "Information Regarding Flight Attendant Opening" post, she has a link you can click to take you to the Flight Attendant Job Portal. Have it ready on your computer or phone if needed for a backup! Best of wishes to all!

wrote:

Hi everyone,

wrote:

Hi everyone,