Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Torn between two positions

mseti1926
Adventurer C

So I had applied to ramp for SNA on 4/17 and the process went fairly smoothly with my interview and background check/ fingerprinting, but because time had passed and I wasn’t sure if I’d be moving on, I saw an opening for ops agent at LGB (which is much closer to me) on 5/9 and applied. Well today I received emails from recruiters for both stations:
SNA - I have cleared my background check (still waiting to do USPS), just awaiting my start date.

LGB - scheduled a VI for next Tuesday. 

I would be happy with any one of these, but LGB would work out better for me because it is more closer to me than SNA. Any suggestions/feedback on how I should approach this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Torn between two positions

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Contact your recruiter for ramp when they email you about a start date. Let them know the situation. After you agree on a start date, that's when they will send the *official* offer letter. Hopefully you can get the OPs contingent offer before your ramp official offer. You should know almost right away during the VI if you have a contingent offer. Be 100% transparent with your recruiters. They will also let you know how to approach this situation. 

mseti1926
Adventurer C

Thank you @TPArampgirl ! I really appreciate your feedback. Crossing my fingers that all goes well with my VI next week and I receive my CJO by then as well. If not, then SNA will be my new home. Either way I’ll still be happy to be apart of the SWA family 💙❤️💛!!! Thank you again😊

Mchristian09
Explorer A

I would certainly lean toward the ops agent position. However let the recruiter know and see how they can assist. Best of luck 

mseti1926
Adventurer C

Thank you @Mchristian09  for your feedback!