Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Training Scheduler I

mnirschl
Explorer A

Hello!  Just wondering if there are any fellow applicants out there for the Training Scheduler I position that was posted on 3/8/18?  If so, can you gently tell me if you have heard anything on your application other than "Received Submission"?  I have high hopes but not sure if I should since it has been just over 2 weeks now :).   Is there any way a recruiter can take a sneak peak at a specific application :)?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Training Scheduler I

mnirschl
Explorer A

Just an update!  I received an email yesterday (4/4) letting me know that a recruiter would be calling me in the next 3 business days :smileyhappy!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mnirschl,

Good luck on your upcoming call!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mnirschl
Explorer A

Hi Kelby!

I had my call Monday and just noticed that my status has changed to "Closed Complete" so I am thinking that I am not being considered for this position any more.  I have sent a note to the recruiter to verify as she said she would let me know one way or the other and perhaps suggest another position if this one didn't work out.  For this position she said that the person would need to be good at persuading pilots to take classes that they didn't want to take ---they might protest that they had an anniversary on that date for example.   I did feel uncomfortable about that and it has bothered me since so maybe this was not the right position for me.  Thank you for all of your encouragement, you have been great!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mnirschl,

It sounds like you are narrowing down where the best fit for you at Southwest Airlines might be -- how exciting! Although we can't give individual updates through this forum, I can verify that you will hear from your Recruiter no matter what the decision is. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

dianemaguire
Explorer A

This is so exciting. Good luck and well wishes! 🙂 

mnirschl
Explorer A

Update #2 

After receiving an email on Friday asking whether I would want to receive a 10-15 min phone call today from 12:00 to 4:00 or Tuesday 9:00 to 4:00, I replied today from 12:00 to 4:00!  

Received phone call around 3:15 pm this afternoon that lasted about 30 minutes.   I should hear something next week as to whether I am moving forward with this position or if not, the recruiter said she might suggest another position for which she thinks I would be a good fit 🙂 

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @mnirschl,

Thank you for the updates! Your story continues to encourage me. I applied for a different position last month around the same time you applied for this position. I eagerly await additional contact from Southwest.

Please keep us posted! Good luck!

ILV2fly

mnirschl
Explorer A

Thank you! I am so glad!  It is difficult to apply and not know anything so I’m happy to provide my experience :)!  I applied for 4 total positions and this is the first I have heard back from.   I hope you hear something as well!  Let me know 🙂