Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Training Scheduler

mvt1991
Explorer B

Greetings Southwest Community!

I'm new here so to introduce myself, I'm Mike, I was a former flight attendant at a regional carrier and really have a love for the airline industry.  Particularly I'm looking to move to Dallas and pursue a career in scheduling.  I recently found this forum and am looking to see if I can find out any more information about a position I applied for in June with Southwest.  The position is Training Scheduler I (2018-23712).  My dashboard application status is still set to "Received Submission" which leads me to believe that maybe the People Department just hasn't gotten to reviewing resumes or hiring for this role yet.  If anyone has any insight on this opportunity or other future training or crew scheduling opportunities that may be coming soon please let me know.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Training Scheduler

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@mvt1991

First off Welcome to the community!

from what I have heard "received submission" or "under review" if means they are still looking through applications and that you are still eligible for the job if it says "closed complete" that would mean the position is filled or that they don't need that position filled anymore. I am told it can take some time for statuses to change so don't worry if it sits on received for a months 

Hope this helps

Blake 

mvt1991
Explorer B

Blake,

Thank you for the helpful information.  It looks like patience is the key, I'll keep an eye on it, and also look out for new scheduling opportunities that may be posted in the future.

Hoping for the best!

mvt1991
Explorer B

Well I didn't have to wait too long.  Smiley Happy  I noticed and applied to the new crew scheduler position posted today in Dallas!  I am very excited about this possibility and encourage others to take a look as well.

mvt1991
Explorer B

Possible good news, my resume status switched to "Under Review" on 8/13 for the Inflight Crew Scheduler I position.  Hopefully that's a positive sign that the hiring team is beginning phone screenings and is looking to fill the position quickly.  Fingers crossed!

-Mike

mvt1991
Explorer B

Well, it looks like unfortunately I was not selected for a phone screening on the ELDP or Crew Scheduling positions.  However, I am still optimistic about job 2018-23712 - US-TX-Dallas - Training Scheduler I - which I applied for on 06/05/2018 and has yet to be reviewed.  My message to myself and other applicants in a similar position...

Keep The Faith!