Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Transportation method to Dallas/hotel roommate question

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

Hello everyone,

When going to Dallas for CSR training, does the company send you via flight or by bus? Also, will you be paired with a roommate now that COVID is under control?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Transportation method to Dallas/hotel roommate question

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

For me, I was given a flight itinerary, and I did not have a roommate. I hear that is still the standard. 😊 

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

Thank you so much for the response. Also, are you able to advise me of what the open seat policy entails for the free employee travel benefit? I know that the flights are free for employees and eligible dependents/spouse/parent/etc but what does it mean when it implies that there has to be an open seat? Can the flight be booked ahead of time for a vacation?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

For non-rev travel, you can book ahead via the SW employee website (You'll get access during your first few days). I think it only goes 30 days in advance. I usually dont book until 1-2 days before. I haven't had any issues with travel yet, mainly because I only book where there is a good chance to have space. 

An 'open seat' is a seat that hasn't been purchased by a customer. When you are booking, there is an option to see how many open seats are available. You'll learn this all during training. They show you how to use the employee website. Don't worry, you will be taken care of by your trainers. 😊 

Recuriter Calls

gshivers82
Explorer C

Do the recruiters typically call from a blocked number?

Re: Recuriter Calls

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Anytime a recruiter called, they left me a voicemail. As for being blocked numbers, I don't remember. I usually don't answer the phone unless it's family. Lol. 

Re: Recuriter Calls

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

My calls came *unknown", some from a (214) area code, then random 3's and 6's, some"Blocked". I answered when I wasn't at my old job, so not sure if the missed calls were SWA , OR that crazy, "Car warranty" spam call.

1 time my recruiter emailed me (i never check emails), then right after she called,(her area #214) my phone was on "do not disturb", she left a VM, then she texted, I ♥️ my recruiter. I saw she was trying to reach me so I texted right back. 

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

Thank you so much for your response each time! 

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

Hello @TPArampgirl TPArampgirl! I hope you are doing well and thank you so much for taking care of us each time we have a question. Are business and first class seats included with the free travel benefits?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

With Southwest, it's space available. There is no first class. Business class only refers to your boarding position. You'd get the same type of seat everyone else gets. Other airlines, it's also space available, so you get whatever is left, if any. Depending on the agreement, we have to pay taxes and fees, so it's not completely free. You cannot specify a fare class unless you buy a ticket. This will all be covered during training. Dont worry! 😉 Focus on those city codes. 😀