Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Two applications

frenchie
Explorer B

Hi all

i have a f2f interview schedule in a few weeks.  I am so excited! It is for CSA. 

I just saw a corporate position posted that links more with my experience.  

Is it discouraged to apply for a second position? 

Im actually very excited about the position I have the f2f scheduled since it is something that would be new to me. I enjoy learning new things.   I tend to learn and pick up things very quickly. 

I dont want HR to think I am not interested in the original position.  

I know that they only hire about 2% of applicants so I want every shot I can get.  

Could aomeone  please advise?   I really want to work for Southwest and Don’t want to mess things up. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Two applications

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

There is absolutely nothing wrong with submitting a bid for the second position. If the recruiter asks about it, you simply tell them that you really want to work for Southwest and are interested in both positions. If you are offered the CSA position, you can choose to accept it and withdraw from consideration for the corporate position. Or you can pass on the CSA position if the corporate position is a better fit for you.

Personally, I would accept any position you're offered at Southwest so that you can get your foot in the door. Once you're in, your opportunities are unlimited. I encourage anybody who wants an airline career to start in a front-line job such as CSA first and then move on to a corporate job. Having first-hand experience with the Customers and the daily operation gives you a certain wisdom that serves you well throughout your airline career.

Good luck to you!

frenchie
Explorer B

Thank you for the input!

I have done administrative duties for many years, I am excited at a chance to try something new.  

I am am very excited and appreciative of the opportunity for a f2f.  I know those are hard to get too.  

They seem like like an awesome company to work for. 

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

@frenchie wrote:

They seem like like an awesome company to work for. 

I have many friends who moved to Southwest from other airlines and other industries and they all say it's the best place they've ever worked.